"not to roam around with people from other countries" - an intercultural event/issue

livrpl4evr 1 / 3  
Describe a significant intercultural experience, issue, or event in your life and its impact on you personally.
No word limit

Back when i was a small kid, my parents used to tell me not to roam around with people from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Egypt and some other countries, so I used to stay away from them.my only interaction with them would be to greet them after prayers. It stayed this way for quite a while.

When i was in grade 6 there was a Indian guy, john in grade 9 who had moved into a flat in the building we live in. He started coming in our bus, at first he was like the other seniors who used to talk among themselves, mind their own business but after a week this guy started bullying most of the kids especially me as i lived in the same building, after the bus used to drop us at our place he used to chase me around, throw water at me, beat me up.my parents used to complain to his parents but still he wouldn't change

Once i was being chased as usual, I ran into a supermarket to hide and der was dis Pakistani guy whom i used to greet at the mosque, He asks me what happened as i was scared and tensed, I tell him the whole story, then he's like come with me, we get out of the supermarket and the john who was hiding comes running behind me, this guy sees him and starts shouting at him, he runs away from us, then this guy leaves me home. Next day as i get out of the bus, john starts beating me, from out of nowhere the Pakistani guy comes and starts shouting at him, he runs away. From that day onwards for a month he used to take me home from the bus daily.

This event showed me that though people of a certain country, region or any generalized trait for that matter might not be good doesn't imply that all of them are the same, there are good people too. After the event i started making friends with everyone, as far as they were good-it didn't matter where they came from.

plz review it and let me know how i can improve it
arveen gan - / 5  
overall your essay is great .
Try to work more on your sentence structure and in other words your essay is awesome:)
heena33 4 / 18  
YES thats true all people r not equal some r gud and some are bad .
u should use gud words , ornamental words to make ur essay impressive .
what i think u should not hurt anybodys religiou sentiment it rearly hurt a lot .
should not talk anything bad about people belonging , their religion , their trade, etc .
it may hurt someone ....
OP livrpl4evr 1 / 3  
sorry i didnt mean to hurt ny1
could u plz point out which sentences hurt u,so dat i can change dem

and about helping u guys out will do it on sunday as i've got 2 more essays to work on and the deadline's 2morrow

sorry for the delay
heena33 4 / 18  
it may hurt some one u should not point out any one or two contries
.becoz countries are not bad some people in those countries are bad
okay!!
i am an indian and i am gud
OP livrpl4evr 1 / 3  
well so am i,
well nyways thanks for the help,i'll remove it
nything else dat i should change
heena33 4 / 18  
no nothing its alright
my only interaction with them would be to greet them after prayers. It stayed this way for quite a while.

Capitalize the first word of every sentence! :-)

Great topic, great example! I like your ideas.

Do not use "der" or "dis" ever!
and der there was this Pakistani guy whom I used to greet at...

Nice job... this is very meaningful.
OP livrpl4evr 1 / 3  
since this was a draft and not my final work,i used der or dis
nyways thanks for the help

Bad habit! :-)
You create more work for yourself if you do that. Plus, your typing fingers will have a tendency to hit the wrong keys when you try to type the correct words, and you'll have to go back and change dem.

;-D

Home / Undergraduate / "not to roam around with people from other countries" - an intercultural event/issue