"the robotics club" - JHU What extracurricular activities do you plan on joining?

Tumor 3 / 6  
In contrast with Johns Hopkins, a student at any high school spends around thirty hours a week learning, and probably less sleeping. I'm not worried about this transition into freedom though; Johns Hopkins has more than enough activities to keep me occupied.

Fencing has been a passion of mine since freshman year, and I know I can confidently join the Johns Hopkins fencing team with their record in past years. Running has been a hobby of mine since I can last remember, but I didn't join our track team until last year. I ended up loving the sport and I would also love to continue it at Johns Hopkins. The resulting pride in all the hard work I put into that spring felt too good to pass it up. I have also played frisbee since eighth grade, and I was co-captain this year, so I plan on joining the frisbee club at John Hopkins next year.

Along with the various sports I've been a part of, I was also part of the lego robotics club this year. We built and repaired robots made out of legos for recreational purposes, and I feel I can put a lot of aid towards the goals of the robotics club at Johns Hopkins. I have also become the president of the astronomy club here after three years of contribution, and I hope to continue my interest for the subject through the astronomy club there as well.

See? It's not that hard to stay busy.

I realize its a bit like a list but I have no clue how to go about writing these essays in any other way, if you guys have any tips that would be appreciated. And before you mention it, the concluding sentence is a good break from what (i thought) was a bit of a drab essay, so i think it should stay there.
afwebb 6 / 17  
I can relate. I don't think you need to worry about it sounding like a list; the aren't looking for fancy artsy and literary crap here in my opinion. I'm not sure I like the first part to be honest.It sounds a bit like you don't care about education that much or its not a big priority for you. Also, try not to brag about your accomplishments. you stayed away from it mostly but be careful of your wording.

Home / Undergraduate / "the robotics club" - JHU What extracurricular activities do you plan on joining?