"the Robotics and Mechatronics Specialization in the CSE program" Stanford essays

jshah11 1 / -  
The Transfer Application Personal Essay asks candidates to provide a statement that addresses your reason(s) for transferring and the objective(s) you hope to achieve

Life is a journey and it took a turn for a new phase of my life when I got an admission from Georgia Tech. I got to learnt many things in wide variety of fields while I was pursuing my studies in High School. From there I came to know my area of interest for Electronics field. My new phase of life opened new doors for me in the fields of Electronics. It all started with my Freshman Year in Georgia Tech. The subjects that were offered to me helped me learnt new things and expanded my knowledge and horizons.

The thing actually piqued my attention was the robotics course I took in my freshman year. It fetched in new dimensions of innovation for me. In the robotics course, we designed autonomous robots that respond to sensor inputs and use motors or actuators to accomplish simple tasks. In my robotics class, I was amazed that I could easily program to control motion sensors and Bluetooth communication between two robots controlled by a small chip. I shortly found out that I loved working on robots and I was soon a proud creator of the winning robot in my class competition. My love developed into a passion during my internship with N.M. Automation in Summer 2010. I learnt to code on two Schneider software. Then, I had to code on a conveyer system to transport food products, pump systems to supply water to every room in a hotel, an elevator system, and a crane to carry bulky products. While working on these products, I found out that specializing in automotive applications was my specific interest. So, I started to browse through the list of best courses available in different colleges from where I've discovered a legitimate interest for the Robotics and Mechatronics Specialization in the CSE program offered by Stanford University. Reading through its description brought huge amounts of happiness and I am determined to do a Coterminal Master's Program along with doing research on autonomous robots with Professor Oussama Khatib, one of the CS professors at Stanford.
Life is a journey, and mine took a turn for a new phase of my life when I got admitted to Georgia Tech.

I got to learn many things in a wide variety of fields while I was pursuing my studies in High School.

From there I came to know my area of interest in the Electronics field.

The subjects that were offered to me there helped me learn new things and expanded my knowledge and horizons.

The thing which actually piqued my attention was the robotics course I took in my freshman year.

It brought new dimensions of innovation for me.

My love developed into a passion during my internship with N.M. Automation in the summer of 2010.

Here are some small things I found to correct, and I think you should add one more sentence at the end, it seems to end rather abruptly.

:)

Home / Undergraduate / "the Robotics and Mechatronics Specialization in the CSE program" Stanford essays