Rochester supplement (different points of view)

Veggy 6 / 16  
1. Rochester students represent many different points of view. Each student constructs an independent study and research plan. Describe what you will contribute to Rochester's diversity of ideas, experiences, and identities. If you can, incorporate a positive past experience where you chose your own learning path, or a negative experience where you wanted to exercise more independence.

For any foreign students coming to the States, it is difficult to adapt new environment. I am still a young man naïve and unsophisticated. However, I have tolerance and patience to understand others given my international background and willing to participate in many communities to share my perspectives and contribute to diversity. It is my aspiration to become more independent in academic fields so that I can learn via trial and tribulations while I want to spend more time with new friends to further broaden my perspectives.

2. What makes the University of Rochester a good fit for you? In answering, identify your sources of information, including any conversations you've had with Rochester faculty, staff, students, or alumni.

I believe University of Rochester has a high academic reputation. The institution has a solely student-based curriculum. The school also offers students to take as many courses as they wish regardless of what major they take. In addition, "take five program" offers students to take another year after the fourth year without any charge so they can spend additional time studying at Rochester.

In economics major, which I wish to participate in, has a famous professor such as Steven Landsburg, who has pertained prolific experience of studying in the field of economics. Without a doubt, I believe University of Rochester will provide me more than enough opportunity to thrive as a down to earth economist.
debaterchick09 7 / 29  
out of curiosity what is your word limit?

I am still a young man,naïve, and unsophisticated.

instead of...For any foreign students coming to the States, it is difficult to adapt new environment. Maybe try...
It is difficult for any foreign student coming to the United States to adapt to a new enviroment.
This can be made into two seperate sentences:
However, I have tolerance and patience to understand others given my international background and willing to participate in many communities to share my perspectives and contribute to diversity.

In economics major, which I wish to participate in,
change to: I wish to major in economics.

hope this helps!
OP Veggy 6 / 16  
thank you for you help:)
For any foreign students coming to the United States, it is difficult to adapt to the new environment. I am still a young man, naïve and unsophisticated. However, I have the necessary tolerance and patience to understand others given my international background and willing to participate in many communities to share my perspectives and contribute to diversity. It is my aspiration to become more independent in academic fields, so that I can expertly tackle real-world challenges while retaining time for friends and family and broadening my perspective on life.

The University of Rochester has a high academic reputation. The institution has a solely student-based curriculum. The school also enables students to take as many courses as they wish, regardless of what major they have chosen. In addition, "take five program" enables students to take ...

Good luck in school!!!

Home / Undergraduate / Rochester supplement (different points of view)