Letter to Roomate for my Stanford Essay

taman121 2 / 2  
It shows my personal side. I hope you like it. :) Please suggest improvements.
Dear Roommate,
I am really excited to meet you and form a new friendship. My name is Aabhas Singh, which you have the chance to mangle and edit. Otherwise, you can always call me by my nickname: Boss. I was born in India, but have lived in the U.S since the age of five. Nonetheless, I still retain a lot of the cultural values of India, so do not be surprised if you see an Indian song on my iPod. You are welcome to share the Indian goodies that my mom will send me, though they might burn your tongue. She is sweet and I love her, but she may sometimes drop in uninvited with Indian snacks. I just cannot escape my love of Indian food.

Believe me when I say, I am clean and I use deodorant and cologne. I also tend to be pretty organized. You may find papers lying around here or there but you will always come into a clean(ish) room. I hate throwing clothes on the floor and creating a mess, mainly because my single mother would leave the cleaning of the house to me. While cleaning and doing most activities I listen to music, but no need to worry; I have headphones so you don't have to listen to Indian and Pop music while doing homework.

Don't be surprised when you see Frisbees or volleyballs underneath my bed. I am a rather active person and love outdoor games like Ultimate Frisbee, Tennis and Volleyball. I played on my school volleyball team all four years of high school and on the Ultimate Frisbee team for two years. There is not a day where I do not toss a Frisbee or throw a ball, whether that is on the field or in my room. I also play chess for fun and for state competitions; if you ever want to play chess against me, it's on. I play all sorts of card games and videogames too such as Euchre and Texas Hold 'em. I may seem only interested in sports and fun activities, but there is a secret side of me. I am a math nerd. I try to solve math logic puzzles in my free time. When I am not playing outside, you may find me in the lobby with a set of controls for Super Smash Bros or in our room with the latest copy of Popular Science and a Sudoku. Other than bringing my puzzles, I will bring a mountain of books by authors such as Alexandre Dumas, Mark Twain, William Shakespeare, and of course JK Rowling.

I am a very adaptable person and make friends easily. I would love to meet your friends and partake in your favorite activities as well. Though college may be tough, I am excited to form new bonds and excel in our education while still enjoying our time.

Excited to be best roomies,
Aabhas Singh
My name is Aabhas Singh, which you have the chance to mangle and edit.---funny!

Nonetheless, I still retain a lot of the cultural values of India, so do not be surprised if you see an Indian song on my iPod.---But what have values to do with songs?

She knows that I just cannot escape my love of Indian food.

I also play chess for fun and in state competitions; if you ever want to play chess against me, it's on.

I play all sorts of card games and video games ---2 words --- too such as Euchre and Texas Hold 'em.

I would love to meet your friends and take part in your favorite activities as well.

Your essay is great! It shows your intelligence, sense of humor, and friendliness. Good luck in school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / Letter to Roomate for my Stanford Essay