"a roommate who will never fail to do the best he can" - Babson essay

quocanh91 1 / 1  
This is my babson essay, please comment :)

Dear roommate
I decide to write you this letter because I feel the urge to share my exuberance with someone, and no one seems more appropriate than you - my future roommate. After years of saying, "Man! High school is so boring, I want to go to college right now!" Babson has finally fulfilled our dream. But the mission remained unaccomplished. It is our turn again to decide whether this dream is a nightmare or a sweet dream. Nonetheless, you should not fear walking this road alone since I will be by your side.

During my 19-year existence, the latest 4 years made the most remarkable impact on me. I spent these years in the cultural hub of Asia, Singapore, to complete my high school. During this time being in a foreign country, from a silent and timid young boy, I have grown to an open adventurer. Equipped with adaptability and fully loaded with curiosity, I am now ready to experience life in Babson.

I always try to make my life balance by being neither a conformist nor a recalcitrant. Sometimes, you can see me being unorthodox, perhaps walking around the dorm early in the morning or taking the longer route home. And you might judge me as a spontaneous person but I prefer calling it "enjoy the little thing in life." Taking a few minutes off to see our campus' tranquility or how gaudy life is can truly spice up my day. That is how I make my life happy and worthwhile. And I believe you will have a fun time joining me.

Living with me is not a tough task. I have made genuine friends back in high school and they wrote this in my graduation publication: "love your sense of humor and compassion." And I hope this will be what you feel about me during our time in Babson. After all, I cannot guarantee you a perfect roommate who can resolve any of your problems, but I can guarantee you a roommate who will never fail to do the best he can. Despite the fact that we might not take the same courses, I always believe we can make a supportive relationship through out these coming 4 years.

I always joke with my friends that IB program is already hard, but college is 2 times harder because it is twice as long as IB! Hence, we have to choose the best fit. And that is why I chose Babson. In Babson, I am confident that we will receive the best enriching environment and well-rounded education. It is the place where genuine and beneficial bonds are built between students and teachers despite different backgrounds. Integrity, collaboration and diversity are what we need and will soon discover in Babson community. On top of outstanding opportunities to develop, Babson offers students chances to turn their entrepreneurial thinking into real business experiences. Stunningly focused business programs coexist with diversified knowledge of a liberal arts school. This gives me a vision of a place where students are embraced and induced but not overwhelmed by a business atmosphere. I am really excited and longing for the day we meet and travel down this road, are you excited too?

Best regards
Quoc Anh

Thanks alot guys
ukkuma 3 / 40  
So, is the prompt a letter to your future roommate? Is there a word limit? Would like to know that before adding any comments. :)
OP quocanh91 1 / 1  
Ya, this is supposed to be a letter to my roommate, tell him what i am like and what i expect from babson, things like that. there is no word limit

Home / Undergraduate / "a roommate who will never fail to do the best he can" - Babson essay