As my roommate, I think I should warn you; Stanford Supplement

titanswim 3 / 7  
this is my first draft. Let me know what you think. Dont be afraid to be critical! Thanks.

Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. What would you want your future roommate to know about you? Tell us something about you that will help your future roommate -and us- know you better.

From the moment I stepped foot onto the Main Quad I've pondered endlessly about what my future at Stanford would have in store for me. I've done play-by-play analysis of my first day as a Cardinal, and even mapped out my first course of fountain hopping. This excitement I hold has only grown exponentially, to the point of where my fingers tremble just from the thought of it. It's funny, but even as a 17 year old male, I imagine my feelings match those of a 6-year old child fantasizing about her wedding, only to grow up and realize the day is finally upon her.

As my roommate, I think I should warn you - I'm the kid that's always a surprise; just like the prize in a cracker jacks box, you never know what you're gonna get. It's not uncommon for me to holler and shout at a football game, break out into a random dance, and see how many marshmallows I can shove into my mouth all. On the other hand, I'm also known as the student who can start a conversation about racial relations in Native Son, perform a statistical analysis on the swine flu vaccine, and still make time to put on an assembly.

As nervous as I am to move out on my own for the first time, I am ready to venture into this new chapter of my life. I know that you will be the one to make this transition easier, to help make new memories, and to make Stanford my home. I promise, in return, to be not only a roommate, but also a confidant, ally, and fountain hopping partner.
MarleyWH 5 / 12  
Hey, I like your creativity, not sure on the length or if there is a size limit, but maybe you could add a bit more information about yourself, I was just starting to get a feeling for who you are.

Home / Undergraduate / As my roommate, I think I should warn you; Stanford Supplement