Be an all-rounder mediaman--statement for Master of Communication and New Media

Freya0125 1 / 2  
Please confine your statement to no more than 300 words.

The content of your statement should explain why you wish to study the programme and how the qualification is relevant to your career aspirations, as well as your expectation of the programme.

My working experience from television, internet and newspaper made me more clearly about my career aspiration: to be an all-rounder mediaman both in theory and skills. The most important reasons for choosing MACNM are such curriculums were first provided in your department in HongKong and this program can lead to application in an online, interactive and multimedia format, which are my career interests.

During my undergraduate study, I achieved 82/100 for total GPA, 85/100 for major GPA. My performance won me the second-class scholarship as well as Outstanding Graduate Award. In addition to my academic endeavors, I have successively held the posts of journalist, executive producer and Operations Officer in "Media Viewpoint Studio" of SWU, where my leadership and teamwork ability got promoted.

I started my internship at Hunan TV, where I worked as an assistant director and my scheme was adopted and applied into the program. Subsequently, I worked in website of Hunan TV, where I went to the spot of Ping Pang Carnival 2008 and took responsibility on live Internet broadcasts. My graduation thesis "Under the background of new media era" station and network interaction" patterns and trends - A Case Study of hunantv" combined the two internships. In September of 2009, I received an offer from China Tourism News, where I accomplished news reports included explanatory reporting, critical-coverage and photographs as well as take responsibility of editing the Shandong Tourism News Online.

My job covered almost all the costumer media which reshape me into a mature and realistic media man. It is quite convincible that my adequate work experiences can make me get well-prepared for the new media market. I am eagerly looking forward to studying at your department. With your guidance, I will play a better role in China new media industry.

Questions:
1: Is there any grammar mistakes above?
2: Does this statement answered the questions required properly?
Thanks for your help with deep appreciation.
why you wish to study the programme and how the qualification is relevant to your career aspirations, as well as your expectation of the programme.

Look at each part of the instructions. "Why you wish to study the program..." You need to talk more about the program. Show that you know a lot about what you are about to study in this program. You should also talk more about your career aspirations. I think the information about your background, GPA, and so forth is probably going to appear somewhere else in youar application, and maybe it is betternot to repeat it here. If possible, it will be great to use a memorable theme for this essay -- a theme associated with your number one aspiration.

Here is a small grammar correction, nothing too important:

My job covered almost all the costumer media which reshaped me into a mature and realistic media man.

I want to cross out a sentence that has a word that I think it not a real word (convincible), and also I think this sentence is not helpful. It just takes up space:

It is quite convincible that my adequate work experiences can make me get well-prepared for the new media market. I am eagerly looking forward to studying at your department. With your guidance, I will play a better role in China's new media industry.

Great ending! But I had to add an apostrophe and an s at the end of China. :-)
OP Freya0125 1 / 2  
Thank you very much for you help,so cute and kind ,thank you again! I will amend it better

Home / Undergraduate / Be an all-rounder mediaman--statement for Master of Communication and New Media