Rubik's Cube similarities to the world - Common App Essay.

dace 2 / 4  
Prompt - Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.

complexity in this cube

It was the third minute and my hand could fall off.

Swiveling and mentally running through the algorithms of the Rubik's cube, the challenge of a completed cube comes to mind.When my Aunt returned from the U.S, she bought me a Rubik's cube . To most people, it was a trivial toy, but it contains worlds of mathematical complexity. It was this complexity I wanted to crack. Most of my time was suddenly sacrificed to the cube - working slowly, making mistakes with a little frustration were crucial to cracking the mystery behind the cube.It is this intricacy that I enjoy.

Working on the Rubik's cube has helped me gain focus, determination and patience and as well changed how I view people. It has influenced my interpretation of human interactions and how the world works. It made me value the importance of unity and teamwork. No matter what color or location the blocks are, they're all connected to the core. There will be moments where everything is a mess and out of place, but when working together it's only a matter of time and patience before everything clicks into place.

The more time I spent solving the cube, the more I started noticing its similarities to the world; the core never changes. The elements surrounding it move around until they reach the place that makes it perfect. In this analogy, I was the middle piece, and the problems within my life were the different, colorful sides that surrounded it. I came to understand that there are several ways a person can approach a situation. Just as there are multiple combinations in which the blocks of a Rubik's cube can be placed before it is solved. There's always a solution, one just has to keep turning.My love for science stems largely from this; science requires the same logical and levelheaded approach as the cube does. This intellectual stimulation, coupled with a desire to discover about brain's mysteries, compels me to pursue a career in Neurosurgery.

This summer, I worked in a - here, I want to write about my experience in working in a hospital/lab and assisting the surgeons there.

Working in a lab was an exhilarating experience for me. Even though I gave up resting my life away to instead xxx which has inspired and motivated me. I want to write the latter effect of the cube to me.

Please help me, especially with the last two paragraphs. I am applying to:
Harvard, Stanford, UChicago,USC, UPenn,Washington and Lee,Cornell, please give me some safety schools as I have a 4.5 gpa and I have 3 years to finish high school.

Will this essay appease the Adcoms, also please give me a good topic. the essay is approximately 400 with a limit of 650
Please go hard, very, very
Your essay does not satisfy the prompt requirements Peggy. You cannot discuss both the Rubics Cube and the hospital experience. You do not understand what the prompt is demanding of you so I will try to explain it to you. You have a chosen college major right? You know what you want to study in college and why. So think about the surrounding circumstances that brought you to that decision. Why this major over the others? What problems does it pose before you and why you do feel that by studying this course, you will be able to help provide a solution to the problem? Or, look at it from another angle. There are times in your life when you are prevented from accomplishing some things that you wish to do. Have you ever encountered an obstacle with regards to a problem that you had to get around in order to accomplish the task of solving the problem? What was that obstacle and how did you get around it? Another way to look at this is with regards to how you view your life. Have you ever had a problem that you felt could never be resolved? What was the problem? What possible solutions did you face? Which solution did you decide to use and why? These are all different ways by which you can approach your response to this essay. The Rubics Cube story, though interesting, does not properly address the questions posed by the essay and a proper resolution that would show off your problem solving skills. The reviewer wants to know how you function in difficult situations. Do you just give up when a problem arises? Or do you figure out a way to resolve the issue? Are you a creative problem solver or a realist when it comes to proposing and implementing solutions? These are the character traits that you have to portray in your response so that the reviewer can get to know you better. The most important representation you have to make is the one that connects the problem to you on a personal basis. So go beyond the cube and find something more character driven that shows off your determination and focus to succeed.
OP dace 2 / 4  
Thank you for the observation@Holt, what if I use this essay to answer the new prompt 7 (topic of your choice) or Prompt 1(background essay) also help with my Yale young african scholars essay, if you do not mind

Home / Undergraduate / Rubik's Cube similarities to the world - Common App Essay.