Rutgers University: As a Libra I can I would describe myself...

frago 1 / -  
I would describe myself as a well-rounded person. As a Libra, I think being well-rounded suits me well, for the zodiac symbol is a scale. I am people-smart, street-smart, and book-smart; however I am not a know-it-all. I consider myself in-shape and athletic. I keep up with the local, national, and international news. I am a Libra, and the traits describing one fit me well. Because Venus, the goddess of love, rules Libras, I appreciate beauty in anything, whether it is a person, art, or music. Libras are also very peaceable, so I often try to settle conflicts between people, as this upsets me to see clashes occur. I pay lots of attention to detail, making me a slight perfectionist.

I feel that I can analyze people well when they come to me for advice. I have always been a people-person. The sensitivity I possess helps me be aware of not only their position on a subject, but also that of others. This along with my listening skills and willingness to compromise makes for great relationships. Even if I fight with a friend, my charisma and kindness always helps smooth things over. Because Libra is the most empathetic of all signs, my "patient" will always feel like his or her feelings are understood. This trait can help me help the students at Rutgers. I can be of service as a confidante.

As a confidante, or a counselor, at Rutgers, I also hope to assist others in finding balance. One of the most important ways to keep balance is through time management. Students should learn the value of time management for now and the future to keep from living a hectic and stressful life. I am a good example. The beginning of senior year was very busy for me. My weekly routine consisted of me being a student, a sister, a daughter, a granddaughter, a girlfriend, a friend, an athlete, and an employee. On top of that I prepared to take my SAT's a second time and begin applying to colleges. In the middle of volleyball season, I ended up resigning from my job, being unprepared for the SAT's, and procrastinating college applications. Time management is key for students, or anybody, to progress and be successful.

I can contribute to Rutgers University through my different experiences. As an indecisive Libra, I like to try new things to get a feel of what the world has to offer. "I balance" is the motto for Libra. Knowing a little bit of world, its people, and different ways I can help, will benefit me and the people I come into contact with in the future.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You've written a good essay! I just have a few editing suggestions for you. You will be competing for admission against thousands of other applicants so you want to put your best foot forward. However interesting astrology may be to some of us, college admissions committees are probably not interested in what sign you happened to be born under; those who do not believe in astrology would not necessarily consider it a plus, and it could even count against you. Do keep in all the fine attributes you mentioned, but my advice would be not to attribute it to being a Libra.

I can contribute to Rutgers University through my different experiences. - "different experiences" is a little too vague; which experiences, and how do they make you someone Rutgers would be lucky to have as a student?

Knowing a little bit of the world

Best of luck in your studies!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Undergraduate / Rutgers University: As a Libra I can I would describe myself...