'Sarajevo, Jakarta, Thailand, Nepal' - Skidmore College Diversity Answer

boom 2 / 9  
Prompt: Skidmore College is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive community. Please share a personal experience from which you gained a greater understanding of the value of diversity OR describe what you are seeking in a diverse campus community.

The old Ottoman town of Sarajevo, the Morning Prayer calls in Jakarta, the fast language of Thailand, and the countless temples in Nepal arouse my sense of pride. Through my father's involvement in the UN, I have lived in four countries, each one distinctive from the other. I have been able to experience and learn from these diverse cultures, discover different worlds, and new outlooks on life. Also, studying in international schools has taught me of the idiosyncratic nature of people, and the necessity to embrace these quirks. I have realized that our differences- the varied ways we approach life, our individual perspectives, and experiences- is the most endearing aspect of our human race.

please give me some feedback and how to edit it.
This is one of the best answers to the 'diversity question' that I've seen. It's thoughtful and beautifully written. They'll be lucky to have you as a student. Good luck with school and have fun!

:)
OP boom 2 / 9  
Thank you so much! I feel relieved now. I've made some little edits in my answer but that's it.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Sarajevo, Jakarta, Thailand, Nepal' - Skidmore College Diversity Answer