Let's save earth from pollution; UK universities personal statement

omeirx 2 / 5  
Personal statement

I am Ghazanfar Abbas from Pakistan, living in Al Ain (UAE) studying degree entry program (foundation) at Herriot-Watt University.
Through out my early school life I have been interested in science especially the electricity part, when I had to make the circuit with crocodile clips, battery and light up a bulb and felt really good. Learning about parallel and series circuit, then actually applying the same things written and taught by my teacher was a fascinating experience in which I openly showed my interest toward electricity and its usage.

I have always had a good time with math. When I was introduced to physics as a subject in middle school I understood that math is purely made for physics I also enjoyed solving physics past paper in my schooling years and got good grades in both math as well as physics. I used to make different kinds of lights and opened almost every appliance that was brought at my home and check its catalog and wirings.

I still remember once I got an award in a science exhibition where I made a circuit in which you have to say true or false if true option is pressed then the buzzer would buzz and the bulb would light. The award given at that time was the moment when my interest in electricity and it applications started to develop drastically. I used to fix almost all electricity wirings, appliances gone wrong especially fixing tube lights rod, starter and bar in my home and every one would appreciate me when fixed them.

Making new and different electrical appliances are very useful and very interesting to everyone, but to every coin there are two sides. There are many problems which arise in over usage of electricity is mostly generated by non-renewable fuel. There is a very high possibility that the non-renewable fuel will possibly be used up by the upcoming generation, the other problem that non-renewable fuel is that it is causing massive harm to the environment as well.

By many sources the non-renewable fuel and its sources would be used up till 2040 or 2050 because every 20 years the demand doubles. Through these years the black gold would cost much more than it cost now, by which almost all of the non-renewable fuel user would stop using non-renewable fuel completely and will only be remembered in history of fuels, which intensely caused harm to the environment.

Through out the industrial revolution, right from 18th century there has been a constant pressure on the environment, causing many different kinds of effects on human, animal and plants habitats. Due to the increase in need of electricity and fuel, there was a drastic increase in CO2 and acidic substances concentration in the environment with a temperature rise of 0.17 degrees Celsius. When I happen to see the pollution caused by the non-renewable fuel used by the Industries I really feel like helping the people which would be affected by the flood, fishes and plants dying by acidic environment and when I get to hear that many of the reasons from which human , plant , animal life is getting affected it.

I have also been spreading this message through debates, especially in many morning assembly speeches and reports; regarding the dreadful and harmful changes in climate due over usage of non-renewable fuel, by which I have successfully attracted many students as well as teachers interest towards electrical and renewable energy engineering

The reason behind choosing electrical and renewable energy resources engineering in university is because it is the most suitable course which interests me and will help me in reducing pollution as well as doing electrical engineering

At last I would like to request you to help me undertake steps to reduce pollution to save Earth, to save animals, plant and the next generations, in which they can find more easy life with much better appliances as well as a safe and healthy environment

pls crtique this one :'(
NicoleO 3 / 9 1  
Good Essay. My corrections are below.

Through out my early school life, I have been interested in science especially, especially the electricity part . When I had to make the circuit with crocodile clips, battery, and light up a bulb and felt really good. Learning about parallel and series circuit, and applying the same things written and taught by my teacher to me was a fascinating experience in which I openly showed my interest toward electricity and its usage.

When I was introduced to physics as a subject in middle school, , I understood that math was purely made for physics. I also enjoyed solving physics past paper In my schooling years, I enjoyed solving physics. It showed in my good grades in Math as well as Physics.
I still remember once I got an award in a science exhibition ...

.... I feel this is too descriptive. You really don't have to say every detail of what you did, but it's important to tell them how those events contributed to shape your aspirations.

I once won an award at a science exhibition for a circuit I developed which gave me a great moral boost and confidence in my own skills in this discipline. With this I began fixing almost every electrical appliance that was out of order.

Home / Undergraduate / Let's save earth from pollution; UK universities personal statement