I Am Those Saxophones - Music has made a significant impact on my life

araykoitskevdo 1 / -  
UC Prompt #2: Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud, and how does it relate to the person you are?

Just some general tips on how to improve the essay will do. Thanks for reading! (:

Within a concert band, the saxophone section relatively consists of five main players: two alto saxophones, two tenor saxophones, and one baritone saxophone. These individuals, in a normal rehearsal setting, would be placed in the first of three rows of horn players. Like their woodwind counterparts, the flutes and clarinets, the saxophones are considered an instrument with ample agility. They have the capability of playing through fast lines and performing effects that brass instruments are incapable of with ease. These traits allow for fast passages to be covered with accuracy and poise. I am those saxophones. I am an individual who is almost always placed at the forefront of every endeavor. I am one who wields ample agility, physically and mentally. I am capable of pushing through burdening issues calmly and surely. I am confident that said problems can be dealt with in a precise an elegant fashion.

In a band composition or arrangement, saxophones are more than often called upon to state the melody. In unison, they're given the power to break through punches and harmony played by the brass section. As a section stating the melodic line, the lead alto player must project the lead line stylistically with grace in order for it to be heard above any other instrumentation at any given moment in time. I am those saxophones. I am one who is called upon to state a theme. With my friends, my family, and I in perfect harmony, I am able to break through the cacophonies and discords of life. When needed, I am allowed the capability of leading with mellifluousness, having the notion that my actions and words will be heard above other discrepancies.

Because the saxophone section eclipses a wide range, it lends itself well to supplying harmony towards a band arrangement or composition. In ballads, the saxophones are often written as lush voices that provide all the necessary and proper notes of a chord. They are used in this manner within an arrangement as background to a soloist, or as counter melody to another instrument. I am those saxophones. Today, I am able to live a diversified life. I am capable of assisting others in a wide variety of situations. If needed, I am one who can play the role of a supporting character to ensure the great success of others.

Music has made a significant impact on my life, whether it is listening to music on my iPod or producing music through my saxophone. Looking at music through the perspective of a saxophone section in band has opened my eyes to the fact that I share very similar characteristics to the five main players: the two alto saxophones, the two tenor saxophones, and the one baritone saxophone. I wield an eloquent amount of gratitude to the music. Its doors have produced a gateway to finding a state of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual peace; likewise, my true inner being was illuminated within its portals. Without a doubt, I am those saxophones.
I am capable of pushing through burdening issues calmly and surely.

How about;
pushing through burdening issues calmly, but successfully. ?

With my friends, my family, and I am in perfect harmony, I

small typo :D

Quite creative and interesting response.... I enjoyed reading it!
Real good job!

Home / Undergraduate / I Am Those Saxophones - Music has made a significant impact on my life