Scale and size / NYU Supp/ What Intrigues you?

Dragooon 2 / 3  
Any opinions are welcome :)

Being into website development myself, something that intrigues me is Google. Having personally visited it's headquarters in Mountain View myself, the workplace is something to behold. It is humungous, and yet it feels like home and a place that is welcoming for those that work there or wish to work there.

But more than that, the search giant's sheer technicality, scale and size is what truly intrigues me. It processes huge amounts of data each day, and yet manages to answer every query literally in a fraction of a second, it knows more about the world and it's people than any one of us or probably all of us would combined. It feels otherworldly when one thinks about it, but when you look into it, it's just a website developed by a bunch of really smart people. These people are a chosen few that work to improve one of the largest sites in the world, but more than that, they hold the chance and opportunity in their hands to make this world a better place and make a difference to a lot of lives.

It is one of these really smart people that I wish to become, because I, too, wish to make this work a better place. Not just because it's the right thing to say, but because it is the humane thing to say and the only thing that can make this world survive. This is why Google intrigues me, it is all and more that I wish to be a part of.
katev 18 / 120 24  
Having personally visited it's headquarters in Mountain View myself, the workplace is something to behold.

Having visited its headquarters in Mountain View, I know that the workplace is truly something to behold.

technicality, scale and size

technicality, scale, and size are what truly intrigue me

It feels otherworldly when one thinks about it

Odd phrasing. It's a little impersonal

to a lot

in a lot

It is one of these really smart people that I wish to become

I wish to become one of these really smart people (you make it sound like you wish to become smart, not an employee of Google...)

but because it is the humane thing to say

That's why it's the right thing to say, you go back on your argument here

This is why Google intrigues me, it is all and more that I wish to be a part of.

Don't end your essay like this, in my opinion. Say why it intrigues you without saying "THIS is why Google intrigues me"
OP Dragooon 2 / 3  
Thanks a lot :), another revision

Being into website development myself, something that intrigues me is Google. Having visited its headquarters in Mountain View, I know that the workplace is truly something to behold. It is humungous, and yet it feels like home and a place that is welcoming for those that work there or wish to work there.

But more than that, the search giant's sheer technicality, scale, and size are what truly intrigue me. It processes huge amounts of data each day, and yet manages to answer every query literally in a fraction of a second, it knows more about the world and it's people than any one of us or probably all of us would combined. This overwhelms me to a point where it feels unreachable, but when I look into it, it's just a website developed by a bunch of really smart people. These people are a chosen few that work to improve one of the largest sites in the world, but more than that, they hold the chance and opportunity in their hands to make this world a better place and make a difference to a lot of lives.

I wish to become one of these really smart people, I may not necessarily work at Google, but I wish to have the chance and opportunity that they have and try to make this world a better place. Google is a living symbol of something I want to be a part of, and it makes me to drive further and continues to inspire me.

Home / Undergraduate / Scale and size / NYU Supp/ What Intrigues you?