'a school that I can benefit from' -What can you learn & contribute to Penn Community

Rae0118 1 / 2  
I need help ending the essay and am open to any other suggestions:

All high school seniors looking at colleges typically look for the same thing. A school that will help them start a successful career while preparing them for life after college, but that's all four years from now. Yes, these things are extremely important, but I also want a school that I can benefit from during the four years that I am there. A school that once I attend, will prove to be the right choice for me. One that has alot to offer, and makes me want to get involved in much more than just the basics. The University of Pennsylvania is definitely that school.

I am applying to the College of Arts and Sciences to major in Economics, and minor in Consumer Psychology. The economics program is one of the top ten in the country, and prepares students for careers in business, law, and public service. The economics major requires ten economic courses along with two math courses. Math is one of my strongest subjects, so I expect it to help me in persuing this major. The department also has an honors program and provides tutoring for those who need it. Comsumer Psychology is an interschool minor with the Wharton Business School, and requires four marketing courses as well as four psychology courses.

The University also has one of the top research programs in the world. Within it are two programs for University Scholars and Benjamin Franklin Scholars. The focus of University Scholars is undergraduate research, it contains student who meet weekly and have immense dedication to research. Benjamin Franklin Scholars are chosen from all schools, and are selected based on their interest in sciences and liberal arts. Seminars are offered in Bioengineering, Germanic Languages, Urban Studies, and much more. The seminar that I am interested in is Legal Studies and Business Ethics, along with courses such as Introduction to Management and Business Economics.

Penn has more extracurricular activities anyone could ever imagine, ranging from recreational to competitive. After three years of playing lacrosse in high school, I am most interested in joining the Women's Lacrosse Club. What I love most about it, is that it runs through both spring and fall, rather than just the spring. I'm also curious about Outdoor Adventure, not only can it provide the experince of a lifetime, it promotes leadership and teambuilding skills. I love trying new things, and this would definitely be an experience that I've never had before. I tried indoor rockclimbing once when I was younger, but I've never been skiing or hiking and I'm definitely willing to try.

What I love most about Penn is that it has so much to offer. With all that I have seen I'm know that it could be the right place for me,and I'm sure that there is still much more that I have yet to discover.

PLEASE HELP!!
sonya15 4 / 29  
Here would be a great time to mention any research you have done or specific research you would like to do. Btw, it should be it contains students*

A bit generic. Try modifying this a little.

Also, add in Penn traditions! I know they have a toast-throwing ceremony or something. If you don't know of one, look it up. It will look like you did your research and are genuinely interested in taking part in all UPenn has to offer.

Will you take a look at mine?

Thanks and good luck :)
OP Rae0118 1 / 2  
Thank you so much for that, it's really helpful. I've done three research projects for school and never thought to mention them. I will definitely take a look at yours!

Home / Undergraduate / 'a school that I can benefit from' -What can you learn & contribute to Penn Community