Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

School of Dentistry - TEMPLE UNIVERSITY ESSAY: 10 Year Reunion

amyjimmy 1 / -  
Topic: Please type an essay of 2000 characters (approximately 300 words) that tells us more about you. Imagine you have graduated from Temple University. You are preparing to attend your 10-year reunion, and the alumni office has asked you to write a one-page essay about your personal and professional accomplishments since graduation. What would yours say?

*I just finished writing this essay, it is a bit lengthy but I would really appreciate it if I could get some revisions*

Stumbling into the real world as a graduate from Temple University's Kornberg School of Dentistry, I had no idea in which direction I was heading. I learned to have a good work ethic as a pre-dental student at Temple University. My moto became "Work before Play". I would isolate myself for hours in the library and in my dorm room studying for my in-class exams and my DAT's, my ultimate ticket into Kornberg's Dental School. My perseverance finally paid off when I finally got my scores back. I was so proud of my score of 30 on the DAT's. After applying to many dental schools across the East coast, I was accepted into Kornberg's School of Dentistry, one of the nation's best dental schools, and my studying cycle continued. Temple University's Kornberg's School Dentistry gave me many opportunities to branch off and learn about many dental assets through community service, shadowing, and internships. We worked with many under-privileged children and adults in the Philadelphia area who were incapable of providing themselves with dental coverage. Such an exposure gave me more of an insight as to the different cases that a dentist has to deal with. I Not only did such opportunities at Kornberg University help me understand many aspects of dental health but it allowed me to make relationships with other students from the college and also my employers whom I would intern for. To think, this was that was all an entire decade ago! Ten years later, I have established my own office in Philadelphia and am no longer the anxious graduate I was ten years ago. I have developed into a successful dentist who has been molded by Temple University's curriculum and beyond-the-classroom opportunities.

After searching for dental offices in the Philadelphia area, I finally settled in a dental office near to New Hope, only five miles from my hometown, Doylestown, where I rented a condominium for the time being. I found myself enjoying myself at the dental office because I was able to work with many experienced dentists who would help me if I ever ran into trouble. It was a very welcoming environment and I felt blessed to be able to part of such an experienced staff. However, I began to grow out of that environment and felt the need to widen my horizons. I felt that I wasn't being given much of challenge and felt that my days were beginning to become very repetitive. With the help of my family, I invested in my biggest accomplishment as a dentist which was my own office. Because of my community service among the Philadelphian people at Temple University's Kornberg School of Dentistry, I felt that my expertise was needed most in the inner city for people who don't get proper dental hygiene. I dealt with people who hadn't been instructed to brush their teeth regularly and came in with cavities on a majority of their teeth. My dental office has given me the chance to aid people who need the most help and also be exposed to different challenges every single day. Each day has given me new obstacles that I have learned to conquer due to my experiences at Temple University.

Home / Undergraduate / School of Dentistry - TEMPLE UNIVERSITY ESSAY: 10 Year Reunion