School of the Museum of Fine Arts of Boston Essay: "Why us?"

ZuZ 4 / 10  
Hi! There is my essay for the School of the Museum of Fine Arts of Boston. I know that it can seem a little heavy but the essay is supposed to be between 1 and 3 pages, so...

Please tell me about grammar and/or content, or if you see any weak area on which I could expand!! Thanks a lot!!!!!

As a student seeking a visual arts education, you have many options. The School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, is a unique institution. What specifically attracted you to the Museum School?

I want to learn from the SMFA creative spirit and innovative aura of artists because I believe that it will grant me the progressive perspective I want in my art. While profoundly inspired by past points of view of French classical writers and of ancient religious art, I am exploring new ways of expression through visual arts, and I wish to envisage my production as progressive and innovative. I choose the SMFA's philosophy because I want to be encouraged to think out of the box, and to be push to the edge of conventions. I want to learn this from contemporary artists who have strong personal perspectives on the evolution of art, and who consider the artistic potential as infinite.

I am choosing the SMFA for my education because I want to define my artistic voice further, through the free exploration of different ways of expression. I find the generous consideration of every student as a unique artist very appealing, and I would like my education to be drawn on this line of understanding of each student's ability to mature a self voice. This is the reason why I think the SMFA is the perfect place to pursue an art education, because I will be allowed and encouraged to combine it with the passion I have for the human species.

In fact, I want to enter the combined degree program proposed by Tufts and the SMFA in order to build an education that would correspond to my self. Indeed, my art is principally nourished by this fascination I have for the human species. Artistically, I have considered this passion from cultural and temporal perspective, and I would like to reinforce such project by the study in parallel of fine arts at the SMFA, and anthropology at Tufts. By applying to the SMFA/Tufts combined degree program, I believe that the eccentric combination of Anthropology and Art will be fully understood and appreciated.

In addition, I would like to use my other miscellaneous inspirations to research new media of visual expression. I am really interested in trying to use vegetation as part of sculptural projects or performances. I believe that the exploration of nature as an interesting and powerful potential that I know I would be able to explore creatively while studying at the SMFA.

The SMFA considers studio art from an enriching global perspective that, I think, is the essence of evolution in any artistic field of expression. Part of the reason why I am choosing to apply to the SMFA education program, is the context in which creation occurs. Everything happens in a setting of dense diversity where creativity comes from a heterogeneous mix of cultures, artistic identities, life experiences, spiritual and social believes, and above all, human natures. I think that SMFA is the ideal environment to pursue an artistic education because of the enlightening interaction and the mutual cultural stimulation possible in such an eclectically populated place. I believe that in the SMFA, I will have incredible occasions to artistically share and learn from people who have other atypical inspirations.

Concretely, at the SMFA, I know that Art is considered as a life trend. Fine arts, and particularly studio arts, are a primordial aspect of my individuality and by choosing to study at the SMFA, I will have, not only the possibility, but also the responsibility to make this passion for creation and communication a concrete career project. I want to benefit from the SMFA's broad internship programs to find how I can change my passions into a concrete professional project that will take into account every aspect of my work. I am choosing the SMFA for my college education because I believe that it is the place where I will be able to artistically evolve towards fertile entrepreneurial perspectives that will answer my visual artistic investigation of our human species and its environment.
OP ZuZ 4 / 10  
Hey people!! I really need your help on this one!!
Proof reading/editing anyone???
Thank you sooo much!!!
ershad193 14 / 333 5  
Maybe it's because I am not an Arts person, but I found the first two paragraphs quite vague. Don't get me wrong; they are nicely written, but I couldn't find anything specific about the university.

The same goes for the third. It seems as if you are trying to artistically express why SMFA attracts you; whereas in my opinion, your reasons should be more factual and objective.

One more thing I observed, and I am sure if Kevin sees this essay he'll probably note it too, is that you use adjectives a lot. Maybe you can cut out some of those.

spiritual and social believes, beliefs...

Home / Undergraduate / School of the Museum of Fine Arts of Boston Essay: "Why us?"