SCIENCE & LANGUAGE ARTS; Subjects in which you have had difficulty

lexilex1995 6 / 17  
This is the prompt that i am doing: Discuss the subjects in which you have had difficulty. What factors do you believe contributed to your difficulties? How have you dealt with them so they will not cause problems for you again? In what areas have you experienced the greatest improvement? What problem areas remain?

Having the lack of knowledge of two subjects has damage my mindset in the learning environment. I feel as if an object is being hidden from me and no one is helping me find it. Growing up, I always had difficulties learning science and language arts. The problem was that I had teachers who could care less about me passing or failing. Many of my elementary teachers just gave out work sheets and expected them to be done at the end of the class. I did all the work, but I did not have a stable understanding of what should have been be taught. All the other students understood clearly, but I was still cloudy in certain sections. I tried studying at home but that just made learning the subjects more confusing. At school, Majority of my educators expected me to already know what it is they are teaching. What they did not expect was that I did not comprehend what was being explained. Whenever I asked questions, they seemed to give me a funny look as if to say, "you should already know the answer". They never gave a reply back and that discouraged me from asking anymore questions from them.
lilyraquel52 5 / 25 2  
notes and advice:
-write a more catchy first sentence
-the first sentence you have now is obvious and unnecessary
-"I feel as if an object is being hidden from me and no one is helping me find it." this sentence is random and is confusing, i would use a better metaphor to explain the previous sentence

-i wouldn't blame the teachers, even if it is their fault. colleges want to hear how that you can take responsibility. if you are going to blame the teachers, do it more discreetly

-i do like how you say how you tried to understand the material but couldnt, it shows how you took it outside the classroom and cred about learning the material

-write a better conclusion, and make sure you answer all the questions in the prompt

Goodluck!

Home / Undergraduate / SCIENCE & LANGUAGE ARTS; Subjects in which you have had difficulty