"Science teacher, math and the arts" - Essay about Academic Interests

Guest /  
Describe any special interest you have that would make you a valuable participant. You can also describe any awards or honors you have received.

It all began in 7th grade with a science teacher nicknamed Mr. Evil for being stringent and heartless. However, I soon found that though some of these rumors were true, he was also a great teacher and used projects, songs, games, and videos to support his lectures. Rather than being bored in class, I found that these supplements made the most complex ideas simpler, and studying became a passion. This class inspired me to extend my interests into volunteering a hundred hours as a Teen Conservation Leader at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, learning about then teaching guests how marine ecosystems work and what humans can do to protect our oceans.

When I entered 8th grade, I was lucky to have another amazing science teacher, this time a quantum physics specialist. Through his lectures, I became attracted to how physics is involved in every movement and motion in the world, and with his help I did a science fair experiment to test if the printed nutrition facts on various types of meat matched the results I got from my homemade calorimeter. Currently, I am taking biology and am doing another science fair project, this time testing which lotion brand most effectively moisturizes skin.

In addition to science, I am also interested in math and the arts. I have been a tri-county representative for State Mathcounts in 7th and 8th grade. I have also won honorable mention at the county Mathletics competition in Geometry. For the arts, I have won numerous awards for my violin playing. I have been a four time Carmel Bach Young Artist's Showcase Festival winner, Central Coast Section tri-county honor orchestra concertmaster for three consecutive years, and benefit concerts at convalescent homes which raised over $1000. I believe the Navy SEAP program will help me pursue my interests and goals in the right path.

I'll help you back :P
Mixchick 1 / 2  
I love your essay! You didn't mention the NAVY in the opening or the second. maybe add a sentence speaking the NAVY.
moealrob 3 / 13  
Your essay is great, Just add a little navy introductory sentence at the begining and you will be fine. Great Job!! Check out my essays please!

Home / Undergraduate / "Science teacher, math and the arts" - Essay about Academic Interests