'my scientist family' - Supplement- Why UChicago?

ashatan 4 / 25  
One quirk I inherited from my scientist family is my infinite passion for knowledge, though the way we go about it is different; where they will look for one specific answer, I thrive by being able to debate questions that may have no answers at all, questions that will make you stop and think, and want to explore all possible venues. Then, three years ago, I accidentally picked up a battered copy of Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche in one of my frequent visits to the library; with one chapter, I found what I had been looking for. History, ethics, and personal insight were masterfully woven together in every sentence, some outrageous, most brilliant; all written with so much clarity and insight it made me shiver. Since then, Philosophy has not only been my tool and refuge, but also a guide through the humanities and the way I discover myself as an individual.

I hope to continue to weave this tenuous path through the humanities in the most rigorous and intense university in the country, the University of Chicago. The 4:1 student to faculty ratio and challenging programs aside, I feel that here I will find like-minded individuals full of as much passion for learning and fierce competitiveness as me, and interaction with them will challenge me enough that I will rise to my fullest potential. With their refreshing, intense and driven minds surrounding me, I will be able to skillfully travel the path of the humanities to my goals.
saurabh93 11 / 94  
I just spot this one grammatical error, otherwise it's good.
The 4:1 student to faculty ratio and the challenging programs aside, I feel that over here I will find like-minded individuals full with much passion for learning and fierce competitiveness as me, and the interaction with them will challenge me enough that I will rise to my fullest potential.
elephant1 2 / 16  
I like this essay a lot, but if you have more space I think it would be helpful if you included a little bit more about the school.

Help with mine?

Home / Undergraduate / 'my scientist family' - Supplement- Why UChicago?