"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone" short answer (extracurricualar activities)

schovich 1 / -  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below.

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone," I sang the first line over and over. Apart from volunteering locally, this past summer I had the privilege to volunteer in 0000 where I met a student who spoke little English but was eager to learn the song and its meaning. It was one of the best moments on the trip when he came up to me on the last day and sang the first verse perfectly. Watching how fast the boy followed me and learned, I realized no matter where I am and what kind of service I do, I become a role model without a choice. Developing team-orientated mind, leadership skills and feeling a sense of accomplishment are only few of the benefits of service. The best part is having the opportunity to take my mind off the busy world I belong to and focus on helping others.
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

As I read your essay, all I seemed to picture was the lush tropical oasis that is Jamaica. I thought very little of you and your summer experiences. You need to really elaborate and paint a picture of what happened. Although the essay is suppose to be a short one, you still have enough space to really give the reader a sense of why you value that experience. Talk more about what activities you completed with the mentee. Talk more about the hurdles you both had to overcome to get to the point where he could sing the first verse perfectly. I want to be left with an image of you and your mentee at the end of reading your essay, not one of the beautiful Island of Jamaica! -admissions essay advice

Home / Undergraduate / "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone" short answer (extracurricualar activities)