'Seeking knowledge' - Spelman admission essay

bella21 1 / 1  
Seeking knowledge and a commitment to service are integral parts of the Spelman experience. Discuss and illustrate the ways in which you have shown your commitment to these areas. (500-1000 Words)

*note this is just the beginning of the essay

I've always had a longing to seek knowledge but, it has been a battle to get to where I am today. At a young age I was a spunky little girl ready for anything that was thrown at me. I was placed in search classes after kindergarten and it seemed everything would go smoothly during this time but, it was the complete opposite reaction. I had a hard time finding my identity. In that time my mom saw fit that it was time for change. In the fifth grade I started private school this was by far the hardest adjustment for me. I came from thinking I would be prepared for pretty much anything to absolutely not having a clue what was going on in class. I struggled to maintain a seventy in my courses but, I didn't let that obstacle get in my way. I began to go to after school tutorial lessons and in the end I came out victorious.

Should i start over or keep going?
Thanks in advance!
OP bella21 1 / 1  
lol im in the process just didnt know if that would exactly be a good opening statement. Thank you so much!!!:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Seeking knowledge' - Spelman admission essay