"Senior Teacher in Social Science" - letter of recommendation and common app form

VicHe 1 / -  
I translated them from Chinese, and i need some help with it, any kind of assitance will be appreciated!
Letter of recommendation:
From: XXX
Senior Teacher in Social Science
The NO.4 High School of Yongzhou
Yongzhou, Hunan, 425000, China
January 10, 2011
Dear Sir or Madam:
It is a pleasure to recommend XXX Tang, one of my most intelligent and creative student, for admission into your school.
I am his head teacher and been knowing him for more than 2 years since he was admitted. During the time he is studying at my class, he left me with an impression of intelligent, creative and a leader.

He has being the class leader for a year, during his tenure, he offered those students who is not doing well in English help, and had some pretty good results, many of them had a significant improvement on their English grade. He also did some really good public services, all class affairs that needs students to do was done by him or with his help.

He also organized a fund raising for these students whose family is in a economic situation and having trouble supporting their children finish high school. When the school first asked students to donate or do something for them, he came to me and asked if he could go to the streets with his classmates to collect donations, and he provided me with a plan with details, who will be in charge of which area, how many student will be needed and even a estimate of the total sum that he calculated according to the amount of people will be at the streets during the weekend. It turned out pretty good, he and his team raised more than 1,500 RMB for only half a day, which could cover a student's meal plan for a whole term.

Tang is one of the most creative and intelligent student that I have ever encountered in my career, sometimes, it appears as he always has different or even strange ideas. In my classroom, it doesn't satisfy him just do what the textbook told him to, he would always try to find another approach, that is different from the textbook, or other students. And sometimes he would even pose challenges against the textbook, pointing out these mistakes in it. The reason I think that he would do such things is that he has a strong confidence, he could insist on his opinion, even if everyone else tells him it's wrong. But, sometimes his confidence could be considered as or even turn into proud, and disrespect to others.

His intelligent was also showed by his skills and knowledge about computers, and every time teachers are having trouble using their computer or the projector, he was always the first one to provide help.

I am glad to recommend Tang and I would greatly appreciate it if you decide to accept him as he wishes.
Yours sincerely,
XXX

Please write whatever you think is important about this student, including a description of academic and personal characteristics, as demonstrated in your classroom. We welcome information that will help us to differentiate this student from others.

His academic achievement is just above the average, but if it wasn't because of his unique character, which leads to him to refuse to just think as what the textbook told him to and memorized what's in the book that will be tested in a examination. He could have done much more better. But still, his academic grade is better than many students in my class.

Thanks again
lolaeve45 2 / 4  
I am his head teacher and I have known him for more than 2 years since he was admitted. During the time he studied in my class , he left me with an impression of intelligence, creativity, and leadership.

He has being the class leader for a year, during his tenure, he offered those students who were not doing well in English help, and many of them had a significant improvement on their English grade. He also did some really good public services, all class affairs that needs students to do was done by him or with his help.

He also organized a fund raising for these (omit) students whose family were in an economic situation and having trouble supporting their children finish high school. When the school first asked students to donate or do something for them, he came to me and asked if he could go to the streets with his classmates to collect donations, and he provided me with a plan of details: who will be in charge of which area, how many student would be needed, and even a estimate of the total sum that he calculated according to the amount of people will be at the streets during the weekend. It turned out excellent- he and his team raised more than 1,500 RMB in only half a day, which could cover a student's meal plan for a whole term.

Tang is one of the most creative and intelligent students that I have ever encountered in my career. He always has different or even strange ideas. In my classroom, it doesn't satisfy him just do what the textbook told him to, he would always try to find another approach, that is different from the textbook, or other students. And sometimes he would even pose challenges against the textbook, pointing out these mistakes in it. The reason I think that he would do such things is that he has a strong confidence, he could insist on his opinion, even if everyone else tells him it's wrong. But, sometimes his confidence could be considered as or even turn into proud, and disrespect to others.

Yours sincerely,
XXX

There are still some things wrong with your translations but I just wanted to help you out a bit. I'm sure other people will post their corrections as well)

Home / Undergraduate / "Senior Teacher in Social Science" - letter of recommendation and common app form