Sentence structure problem, a rough beginning (liberal arts career)

gbee 3 / 3  
stuck in a rut. really crappy sentence structure. help!

As an avid reader and habitual writer, I have long anticipated the pursuit of a career in the liberal arts. In my search for relevant colleges, Eugene Lang instantly appealed to me, and quickly became my ideal school. Lang boasts ample opportunities for me to apply myself, explore my passions, and ultimately find my true niche in the liberal arts.
keilinger 9 / 53  
long anticipated the pursuit of a career in the liberal arts.

^ This sounds really stiff. "I have always wanted to pursue a career in the liberal arts." would sound smoother and more honest.

relevant colleges, <--awkward

Try writing like you talk, then fix the structure and spiffy it up with more formal diction. I find that doing that helps me avoid some of the overly-formal, over-the-top awkwardness.
iRunShow 6 / 15  
Lang boasts ample opportunities for me to apply myself, explore my passions, and ultimately find my true niche in the liberal arts.

You already has a some what "okay" thesis. Do research on this university and write your body paragraphs and relate it to your thesis.

After you finish your body paragraphs, touch up your thesis.

Good star and Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / Sentence structure problem, a rough beginning (liberal arts career)