BU's 5 to 6 sentences. Is it too petty to include ex bf?

ceo108 1 / 4  
My BU app is due on Dec 1 and I'm freaaaaaaaaking
I came up with a draft for the prompt:

In five or six sentences, tell us how you first became interested in BU and what steps you have taken to learn more about us.

"Just make sure you don't go to the same college as him," said my friend Lauren in reference to my ex-boyfriend. Seeing that I was a Junior oblivious to all things college related, I decided to look into what I would be missing out and I internet searched Boston University. After being directed to BU.edu, I realized I really did not care if this boy was going to be in the same school; BU was too beautiful. I scoured the website and googled like a fiend. I practically begged my parents to take me on a college trip over the summer to see the campus and the surrounding Boston area. After seeing the buildings in person and soaking in the vibe of BU, I figured out that it was exactly where I wanted to spend four years of my life.

I'm just worried, is it too petty to bring up my ex boyfriend and how he was going to sway my decision where I was going? It seems childish, but it was true at the time. I've grown up a great deal since then.
sk8rchick 6 / 10  
I agree as well. Is bringing up the ex-boyfriend ABSOLUTELY necessary?
OP ceo108 1 / 4  
i changed absolutely everything
thank you for your opinions anyway though! :)
VishVish 1 / 6  
very good, short and straight to the point. your enthusiasm for BU is convincing:)

Home / Undergraduate / BU's 5 to 6 sentences. Is it too petty to include ex bf?