essay about Setbacks, I'm a foreign student,need help

hanson3566 4 / 11  
Describe a setback that you have faced. How did you resolve it? How did the outcome affect you? If something similar happened in the future, how would you react?

I want to write about the culture conflict I have with my American host family, is that Ok?
How can write about it?
debaterchick09 7 / 29  
be sure the culture conflict you wish to write about can answer all of the questions. If you can do that than I think you have a good topic. I would start brainstorming how you can answer all of the questions in the essay about Setbacks.

Hope this helps :)
Also, it might be fun to list culture conflicts, or differences, into funny ones, embarrassing ones, and end up with describing your new sunny attitude, perhaps seeing the potential humor of each situation...

Good luck!
:)
OP hanson3566 4 / 11  
Thank you for your suggestion. Should I write about the confilct with my host family or should I write that I try to get my visa to American but failed two times until I got it the third time. which one you think is better?
gracetm 6 / 13  
Hey, I was a Chinese exchange student in America,too:) I was a junior then. What city are you from?
OP hanson3566 4 / 11  
I from Wuhan China. And I go to high school at tennessee.
yfung91 3 / 8  
I think it would be good to write about cultural conflicts with your host family and how you overcame the differences. I am an ABC (American Born CHinese) and sometimes it's even hard for me to deal with the cultural differences at my school --> so...I'm guessing you might have a lot of interesting things to write about if you talk about staying with your host family. It's a topic that is open to humor too which is always good =)

Home / Undergraduate / essay about Setbacks, I'm a foreign student,need help