Several facts that convinced me, that Northwestern is the best choice - another why school 'X' essay

TVLAERE 9 / 24 3  
Other parts of your application give us a sense for how you might contribute to Northwestern. But we also want to consider how Northwestern will contribute to your interests and goals. In 300 words or less, help us understand what aspects of Northwestern appeal most to you, and how you'll make use of specific resources and opportunities here.

Some feedback about the content please. Enjoy :)

Northwestern complements me

"Ooh.... That's the big one!" Thanks to the amazing Craig Ferguson, that was my first impression of Northwestern. His interview with Northwestern alumnus Meghan Markle didn't just make me chuckle multiple times, it oddly introduced me to the university where I would love to spend the next four years of my life.

I started learning about its economics department and quickly realized how unique it is because of its balance between practical courses such as 'Business Strategy' and theoretical courses such as 'History of Economic Thought' and the opportunity to take a lot of these courses because of the quarter system. I proudly call myself an econ nerd and see myself in the consulting field after graduation. The minor in Business Institutions is an amazing way to complement these courses and develop the necessary skills to succeed in that field, from writing and speaking in business to rational decision making.

What convinced me, even more, is the fact that I will be able to apply that knowledge in the CASE consulting group to impact the community, but also through the Chicago Field Trips. The combination of classes and internships in consulting allows me to pursue both academic and career aspirations in the wonderful city of Chicago.

From admiring the art in the Block museum to a relaxing afternoon on the student beach or an exciting soccer game with fellow wildcats, there will be enough opportunities for me to take a break from the hard work. Spending time with other students and being exposed to all the different perspectives is something I will definitely enjoy.

Besides the fact that Northwestern complements my professional goals and academic interests completely by its courses and internship opportunities, it is a community in which I see myself growing intellectually and socially. Go Wildcats!
Syrianboy 1 / 1  
If I was an admissions officer, I would hear about something that you would add to the NU rather than you telling admiring the city of Chicago or the generic internship opportunities talk. Great quote in the beginning of your Why Northwestern? Also, great discussion of its unique economics department. Finally, if you have any suggestions for my U Chicago piece, please share.

Thanks!
Tim, there is a very common feel to this response that you developed. It lacks a sense of specificity when it comes to the methods by which Northwestern will be able to help you learn both in and out of the classroom. The fact that your opening statement is based on the presentation of a TV host and an actress, even if she is a graduate of the school, does not give your essay much strength nor sense of seriousness.If you remove that paragraph and instead, focus the discussion on the classes and internships the university has to offer, then the response will be off to a great start. I would not discuss so much of the field trips because that makes it sound like you are going to school only to take a tour. Keep the academic sound and feel of the essay throughout.

Home / Undergraduate / Several facts that convinced me, that Northwestern is the best choice - another why school 'X' essay