Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"shadow teaching and commerce" - Virginia supplement

tbvjaos555 7 / 11  
plz edit it

In 1999, financial crisis hit East Asia that is called 'period of IMF.' Fortunately, I did not have any shortage but still I could feel it whenever I watched news. Over 30 percent of employees were fired as the country failed to default on dollar to the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

However, although the hardship frustrated the Koreans, we broke the back of the work by gold-raising campaign to pay back our nation's debts. People collected gold that sleeping in their furniture. My family partook and sold about 80g; we overcame. After we pulled ourselves out of the slump, crisis was gone but it left a deep impression that an individual can influence economy on my mind.

I moved to Qatar three years ago and I have started to study about economics and business. Since then, I have gotten great interest in Economics. Miss Kathy, economics and business teacher, implanted me how amazing subject is commerce does. In addition, participating in shadow teaching intrigued me to embody my ambition to be an economist. While I searched for the university, I finally could find the very school that I have been looking for. The University of Virginia has achieved worldwide fame and enhanced its reputation by unique system that reduces the students who commit faults such as cheating. The commerce major is nothing but admiration.

The impression that I keep made me consider the university that can help me to achieve my dream, and no other university intrigued me as much as University of Virginia. In U.Va, I will experience and witnessing advanced me, but I will also clarify my goals. I believe that I can develop, improve, and expand my own goals by achieving chance to study in University of Virginia.

Home / Undergraduate / "shadow teaching and commerce" - Virginia supplement