Shared Paradise - Wake Forest essay

Anonymoussenior 17 / 133  
3. As a part of 2010 Wake Forest orientation, the freshman class examined The Andes of Ecuador, a painting by Frederic Church. Next year what work of visual or performing art should the incoming class analyze? Why?

New beginnings, life, and new possibilities are the first thoughts that come to mind when visualizing Wolfgang -Adam Topffer's Swiss landscape painting. The wisdom of the old trees reflects the wisdom of the student body and the new life they bring to the university. Rippling water flowing through a beautiful river creates a paradise in the mist of the trees, but one can only guess what is around the corner of the river. Similarly, each incoming freshman can only ponder their four year journey as they begin their Wake Forest education. The Swiss mountains off in the distance symbolize that one particularly challenging class each student will inevitably take, but shows promises of serenity once you make it through the storm. Each student will envision something different when glancing at this painting, but together they can discover their shared paradise: Wake Forest University.
amjeezy 5 / 18  
WONDERFUL! it was really vivid. i think you really well demonstrated your thought process and what you cherish. you also demonstrate how ready your are by writing , New beginning, life, and possibilities.

Similarly, each incoming freshman can only ponder their four year journey as they begin their Wake Forest education.- for this quote i would switch it up to make it seem less like they don't know what they will be doing and less lost. like maybe by starting it off like, "as much as we prepare,..."

The Swiss mountains off in the distance symbolize that one particularly challenging class each student will inevitably take, but shows promises of serenity once you make it through the storm. - i would switch the storm in that sentence to a scenery more related to the mountain you were talking about

Home / Undergraduate / Shared Paradise - Wake Forest essay