SHELTERED LIFE; "Choose an issue of importance to you"

lettuceface 1 / 2  
Choose an issue of importance to you - the issue could be personal, school related, local, political, or international in scope - and write an essay in which you explain the significance of that issue to yourself, your family, your community, or your generation.

I always have trouble starting essays without specifics, and I always do a horrible job.

I live a very sheltered life. I don't interact with people or do any activities outside my house unless it is absolutely necessary. (I'm kind of a wierdo, but besides that I live in a very ugly place, the weather is horribly hot and humid, and most people around here are same kind of person [not teenage rambling, it is an accurate observation] and I don't share any interests with them.) Because of this, there is nothing that really stands out as a prominent issue to me or that affects me in a way that interferes with my daily life. I mean gun violence, government overspending, religious interfere with government, prejudice against people of different religions or race, pollution, overpopulation, deforestation and the destruction of other biomes, poaching, horrible quality of public education, public education overspending, terrorism, inference with international conflict, big corporations taking jobs and diminishing the quality of those jobs, AARP, homophobia, the seeming decrease of society's maturity are all things that make me angry. I feel like there's obvious solutions to all of these problems in America and the rest of the world. It all pisses me off equally.

Ignorance and Apathy seem to the be the root cause of pretty much everything. Well..stupidity also, but mainly the first two.

I'm of mixed race, an art major, a skateboarder, and a big fan of music, movies, tv shows, video games. I dunno what that has to do with anything but whatever. What approach do I take for this essay?
zdv 12 / 68 2  
why dont you maybe use your art major and write something about how you would want to use art to express how you feel about all this because you cant do it orally as you are a wierdo. explain how your art will have a message and will not just be a lavish painting hanging around some millionaire's living room.

look at mine?

Home / Undergraduate / SHELTERED LIFE; "Choose an issue of importance to you"