'I shoot things' - Activity Essay for M.I.T.

Dimitris 4 / 8  
Hi.

The topic of the essay is to talk about an activity that we simply do for the pleasure of it. I wrote about photography. I would appreciate any comment, especially criticism. Thanks. :-)

I shoot things. No, I don't shoot at things; I like to photograph them. I first got my hands on a camera at the age of five and after then it has been an extension of my hand. You will find me wandering for hours in a forest photographing every single tree or in a city trying to "catch" with my camera the city vibe. I love photography because it's the only form of art that can freeze time. A photo contains not only visual content; it also has emotional content, which enable us to relive moments of the past in the future.
leviator 7 / 39  
End the essay with that aspect of photography that is most important to YOU, to make it stronger.
Otherwise it's fine.
Good luck! I'm applying to MIT too :-)
cupnoodle123 15 / 52  
:( i was hoping you really did shoot things when i first read the subject line...it made me laugh:) cuz i first thought of a BB gun or shotgun lover

but ya nice hobby you wrote of ...But ya, don't end with a sentence that makes a statement about "us", you should talk about you
bubblyxlove - / 1  
No way, my common app essay is exactly the same as yours :( I thought I was special! The beginning is also the same...! Oh well, I am a well known agency model test photographer
jesupai 3 / 6  
i think you should elaborate more about how taking these pictures affect YOU personally, instead of US.I believe you just defined the art of taking photography to people.

Otherwise,its good:) just try to make it reflect yourself a bit more
cupnoodle123 15 / 52  
also be careful...i think that painting, drawing, sculpture, even words and other sorts of art can also freeze time for viewers...so ya:)
OP Dimitris 4 / 8  
thanks guys for your help! I will make the changes that you suggested in my essay!

Home / Undergraduate / 'I shoot things' - Activity Essay for M.I.T.