'been on both sides of the fence' - Personal Statement

jadore_lamode68 6 / 37  
Any feedback appreciated!

Will return the favor!

Thanks so much!

I have been on both sides of the fence countless times. Each facet of the picket has been intimately inspected, investigated, and scrutinized. My severely sympathetic nature has made me immune to walking solely in my own shoes. Instead my mind has fitted out each pair I encounter, feeling out the impressions and experiences that have contributed to each perspective. As an athlete, singer, honor & AP student, class representative, student & cultural ambassador I have seen life, school and other individuals from various perspectives whether it be engaging in a dialogue with school officials to make institutional improvements or as vice presidents of Model United Nations. My varying interest assured me that I would need a college which accommodated my need to wet my feet in a variety of things while providing me with a highly developed learning experience. Despite my diverse interests and chaotic life one thing has remained constant: my love for the study of human life. From a young age, biology had always captured me. As a child, I rejected the typical Barbies and sparkly paraphernalia for any tool which that might help me uncover a cure or unveil a scientific phenomenon. Eventually I hope to obtain a Md.PhD as biomedical scientist researching drug treatments or a Doctorate practicing neurosurgery, offering treatments to peoples of unreachable parts within third world countries. Coupled with this, I plan to pursue bachelor's degree in Chinese or French with hopes of studying and possibly living abroad.

Repression and dearth are like tree which have been dispersing their influence among Americans, its expenditures reaching far and wide; its trunk becoming more resilient with each generation. In my pursuits I will sever some of limbs of the tree and elevate the burdens of others.
alexxisx - / 8  
jadore_lamode68

I'm not sure what you're writing this PS for, but to my knowledge, the purpose of most personal statements is to show your passion/interest in a specific subject. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if that is the case, then I would advise that you start right away with your interest in biology/medicine/science and then brush upon your other achievements afterwards.
OP jadore_lamode68 6 / 37  
Thanks for all the feedback! Deff helped!

Home / Undergraduate / 'been on both sides of the fence' - Personal Statement