the most significant challenge the world faces today, Stanford short answers

m126531 4 / 11  
what is the most significant challenge the world faces today? (300 characters)

The widening of the gap between the social classes makes people less understandable of each other and makes people more ignorant. Therefore, it would be harder to understand the hardships people face and thwart the efforts to solve these problems. The polarization of the classes will also lead to the polarization of resources.

what historical moment or event do you wish you could have witnessed? (300 characters)

I wish I could have witness the Battle of Iwo Jima. I want to witness the Battle of Iwo Jima because it is one of the most crucial and bloody battles WWII. WWII changed the lives of numerous countries, including my home country, Taiwan, who was under Japanese rule.
davidlin1992 2 / 3  
1) social classes makes THE people less understandable

2) most crucial and bloody battles IN WWII.

3) Who was ruled under Japan (last part)
rockrgirl01 1 / 2  
"changed the lives of numerous countries" just doesn't work. You need the word "people" or "populace" or something somewhere in there.
SkittleRose 4 / 15  
1)
The widening of the gap between the social classes makes people less understandableunderstanding of each other and makes people more ignorant (of what?) . Therefore, it would be harder to understand the hardships people face and thwart the efforts to solve these problems. The polarization of the classes will also lead to the polarization of resources. How so?

2)
I wish I could have witnessed the Battle of Iwo Jima. I want to witness the Battle of Iwo Jima because it was one of the most crucial and bloody battles in WWII. WWII changed the lives of numerous countries, including my home country, Taiwan, whowhich was under Japanese rule.

I think you can elaborate more on how Iwo Jima specifically touched your home country... you stray a little, so pick either Iwo Jima or the entire

WWII.

Good luck!

Please help me out as well:
OP m126531 4 / 11  
thank you both

1) The widening of the gap between the social classes makes people less understanding of each other and makes people more ignorant of social issues such as poverty. The polarization of the classes will also lead to the polarization of resources, and in advance worsen poverty.
tchonis05 4 / 8  
well i think both of them are really good answers
for word choice- just a suggestion for fluency.

"The widening gap between the social classes inhibits people to truly understand each other and major social issues such as poverty which will be worsened if the polarization of the classes continues."

"I wish I could have witnessed the Battle of Iwo Jima because it was the most crucial battle in WWII. That war changed several nations, including my home country Taiwan, dramatically."

Home / Undergraduate / the most significant challenge the world faces today, Stanford short answers