Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Significant school activity

Echo 10 / 14  
Discuss the significance to you of the school or summer activity in which you have been most involved.

Here is my first draft.

"To me, the most significant school activity is my student government job as the president of the League. Being one of the main leaders of the student union, I was responsible for the coordination of different apartments, the organization of three major evening shows every year and the various student activities.

Working in the student union broadened my horizons in a significant way. Standing in front of a crowd, I learned how to express my thoughts in the most efficient way. I have understood that confidence and resolution really matter in terms of leadership. I used to have cold feet before making public speeches; now I can speak to a crowd with self-assurance. I can definitely say that I have brought fresh air into the student union, and student union has changed me into a better person.

As the president of the League, dealing with people of different kinds was at first a challenge, but it soon turned out to be much rewarding. I never thought that making friends could be such an inspiring thing, but now I totally believe it. Finding out what students need and what they like was like a small adventure, and it always amazed me as I got to know people deeper. Every different life experience has made us into different people, and my student government job provided me the perfect opportunity to meet people and connect with them.

The student union is like "the smaller society", where people can find whatever they will see in the real society. Working in the student union gives me the courage to fight for the right things, and the approach to make things happen by using my own ability. I know that things would not come to you if you do not want it badly enough. Every little task was like realizing a dream for me. I fought for the betterment of the students' life, and I have always felt satisfied for my hard work.

I suppose that experience is a very important part of growing up. And my job at the student union has taught me many things that could not be learned through books. Every time when I finish a task or something, I always ask myself, "What have you learned? How would it help your future?" I had my successes, but I had setbacks, too. They made me feel painful, but more often I feel that failures are precious and worth my efforts.

My student union job has been the most significant activity for me. It changed me and made me become mature and thoughtful. "

Thank you!

Home / Undergraduate / Significant school activity