Unanswered [1] | Urgent [0]
  

Home / Undergraduate   % width Posts: 4

Singing + perfect concert - SHORT ANSWERS FOR USC: MUSIC


gksquf45 2 / 4  
Nov 30, 2009   #1
Tell us about an activity that is important to you, and why. Please feel free to talk about an activity other than one you may have discussed in your essay.

Singing was once just a hobby, occasionally done in the shower, but it has helped me to find an activity that I truly enjoy. Over the last four years of high school, singing has been the best way in which I have expressed myself. It has also helped me to become confident in the person I am today. The activity that singing led me too was joining the Advanced Chamber Choir at my school. Choir brought out aspects of my character that helped to define me as a person. Also, as a section leader I learned to become a leader and a role model to my peers. I had to be aware of my every action, as those who followed me would watch. But as in any choir, I also had to recognize that talent alone does not set you apart. Choir taught me how to work professionally with my peers. I also learned to take constructive criticism from those around me; taking their words in order to help myself improve. Most of all, singing opened up the doors to an appreciation for music; a field in which i plan to pursue.

Describe your academic interests and how you plan to pursue them at USC. Please feel free to address your first- and second-choice major selections.

Two years ago a gradual realization dawned on me, that I was different. I had a sense of hearing that was more acute than the average person's. While listening to music, I found myself able to pick apart the individual instruments in a song, while my friends could not. This acute hearing came in all aspects, and I could also hear the various defects and flaws within a song. I gradually became very pick about the quality of my audio files. Though 99% of people may not ever notice these flaws, I found myself wanting to correct them, even if it were for just that remaining 1%. As I began applying for colleges, USC caught my eye. I had known that USC has a great music program, and I always wanted to study in a reputable institution. Through the Music Industry program, I hope to expand my knowledge of music and grow as a musician. I hope to fulfill my dreams, which is to become an audio engineer. As an audio engineer I want to run a perfect concert, musical, or any show so that the audience may fall in love with what they hear. At USC, I believe I would be able to pursue my interests to the fullest, and achieve that dream.
pacers7ind 11 / 25 2  
Nov 30, 2009   #2
I like it but What really throws it off is the " I always knew USC" part, find another way to say it
OP gksquf45 2 / 4  
Nov 30, 2009   #3
I think i fixed that in the revision!
EF_Kevin 8 / 13,321 129  
Dec 1, 2009   #4
This should be a dash, not a semi-colon:

Most of all, singing opened up the doors to an appreciation for music -- a field which I plan to pursue.

If you say "in which" it means you are doing something in the field... in which I want to excel.

A field which I want to pursue...
A field in which I want to excel...

Two years ago a gradual realization dawned on me: I was different.


Home / Undergraduate / Singing + perfect concert - SHORT ANSWERS FOR USC: MUSIC