'My sister and graduation' - Topic A

Mariana_MHdz 1 / -  
How can people make it through life without a sister? Because I sure can't, not even a day. My sister and I are very close but yet so different. We don't always agree on everything but I think that is perfectly fine. As the little sister I am, I always look up to her. She has become my role model. We are very different indeed, from personality to physical. But there is nothing I would change about who she is. She is a year and eight months older than me, so we are growing up at the same paste, I was the annoying little sister and she was the quiet one. Ever since we were little she had to take care of me even though she didn't know how to really take care of herself.

As we grew up she became my best friend, because she was the only one that really knew what I was going through because we share a same life. We grew up without a father figure but my mom has always been strong enough to hold on both positions. Years past and Graduation day came to my sister's door step. She had big dreams of becoming someone important, so she could make mom proud and to set an example for me. She got accepted to several different Universities, but due to unfortunate economic difficulties she was unable to attend.

Since we didn't have enough economic resources she had to start working. She is only eighteen years old and has more responsibilities than your average eighteen year old. Ever since, she hasn't talked about going back to school. I understand the circumstances that we are in but I really wished she had the opportunity to keep up with her education. Now it's my turn. I want to make her proud. Show her that I've listened to her advices. I won't let her down. She has given up so much for me that I can't go on with my life not acknowledging her efforts. At such a young age, she has faced so many things, and has been able to overcome them. Many other teenagers in her position would had probably given up and do reckless things. I admire her so much for all that she has done. I've seen all the things that she has given up for me, and I want to be able to pay her back. I want to set an example for her now, so she can see how life will get better for us. I want to make her proud and let her know that all her efforts have not gone to waste. Words can't explain how much I admire her efforts and sacrifices. She has become my best friend, role model, and motivation. I don't ever want to disappoint her.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
How can people make it through life without a sister? Because I sure can't, not even a day.
You may want to change this beginning. Say something about how a sister can be just as close as a best friend, or something like that.

She is a year and eight months older than me, so we are growinggrew up at the same pace,but I was the annoying little sister and she was the quiet one. (I changed the wording to keep the sentence in a consistent past tense)

As we grew up she became my best friend, because she was the only one that really knew what I was going through because we share a same life.

Another way that you could say this: "Since the two of us were the only ones that really understood our family, she became my closest friend."

Years passed, and Graduation day came to my sister's doorstep .

I understand the circumstances that we are in, but I really wish that she had the opportunity tocouldkeep upcontinue with her education.

Home / Undergraduate / 'My sister and graduation' - Topic A