'size popcorn' - working at the theater (work experience)

collegebound15 4 / 7  
" What size popcorn would you like today? " A saying that I am all too familiar with. I have worked at an AMC for a little over 6 months now, and it is nothing like I imagined. A shift at the theater is so much more than giving out popcorn and cleaning it up. Each day, guests teach me life lessons such as patience, tact, and communication skills. Patience, for when I have a long line and they simply cannot make up their mind. Tact, for when I need to give responses to complaints about situations that I truly cannot fix. Lastly communication skills, to not only make the guests happy, but to work efficiently with my co workers. My weekends are filled with complaints, compliments,spills, and new releases. Yet, I take them in all the same as experiences to learn from. Having a job has helped me greatly in the long run, I now know what to expect later in life.

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).
Any comments are greatly appreciated! I am not confident in my writing at all so hopefully posting everything on here will help.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
You have a good start to your essay. It does not need too much grammar changes. I noticed that you write in a very simple and straightforword way, which makes your paper easy to read. Your job in a movie theater is an example of how every individual in a work/school/home environment is important, in order for things to run smoothly. Remember to add into your paper the fact that you are a person with drive and motivation (not necessarily in these words) Make yourself stand out by telling the reader about your plan- short term and long term goals. Relate these to your story. Good luck in school!

Home / Undergraduate / 'size popcorn' - working at the theater (work experience)