sketching - need advice and comment on USC short answer section

nila 1 / -  
Tell us about an activity that is important to you, and why. Please feel free to talk about an activity other than one you may have discussed in your essay.

I consider sketching an important activity to me. I've started to sketch since I was still a small child. I like sketching because it boosts my confidence. Sometime when I decide to draw complicated object, I tend to think that I won't be able to sketch it well. But, when I don't give up and continue to sketch, the end result always amazes me. Sketching taught me that impossible is nothing if I do my best to face challenges and obstacles. When I sketch I also learn to see the world in different perspective, which helps contributing to my everyday life and architecture study.

Describe your academic interests and how you plan to pursue them at USC. Please feel free to address your first- and second-choice major selections.

Global warming, energy problem, and natural disaster are happening all over the world right now and it starts to affect our living environment and lifestyle. My hometown also fall victims to these problems. Rising sea water due to global warming has caused floods every rainy day. Not only that, limited energy resources also causes frequent power cut that affects the activities of the town's people. Experiencing all these, I decided on architecture as my major so I can improve people lives by designing comfortable living and working spaces that can adapt to various environments while being cost and energy efficient. When I went to visit USC 2 years ago; I saw the architecture works and interviewed some students who study there. I am very interested in USC architecture program because USC architecture focuses specifically on urban architecture and urban environment that offers functionality and durability. And, since USC has a culturally diverse student population, it will be a good learning environment to study and exchange different ideas among the students. Since I've taken architecture courses at Pasadena City College, I believe that I am ready for the education at USC architecture school.

any help and comment are appreciated
I consider sketching an important activity to me. ---- can you say something more meaningful in the first sentence? How about a clever observation about the significance of sketching.

I have been sketching _______ (what do you sketch) since I was still a small child. I like sketching, because it is something I am good at , so it boosts my confidence. Sometime when I decide ...

very good ideas...

When I sketch I also learn to see the world in from a different perspective, which helps contributes to my everyday life and architecture study.

Home / Undergraduate / sketching - need advice and comment on USC short answer section