Ski experiance/story-UC Personal Statement;prompt for all apps

aprilmao 1 / -  
Prompt:Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?

Take a breath in. Its cold, the morning air freezes through the lungs of my fifteen year old body on the crisp mountain top. Today's the beginning of a new day, my journey on "a road not taken". It is my first time skiing The Cedar Ridge Trail in Tahoe. I have no direction, no clue how the trail would twist, and no insight on how the weather could drastically change. I questioned why I chose this path, my answer: "I am ready". My hands tighten on the poles I grip to maintain balance and control. As my skies glided above the snow, I gain speed and my heartbeat creates a cacophony in my ears. The slope was foreign and the icy snow pierced my bare skin. The pine trees inched closer and the trail sucked me further in.

My senses heightened and my thoughts were lost behind me, I was going too fast. Evidently I lost speed crashing violently into the unforeseen bank of soft snow. I struggled, every inch of my body ached and I hated my fate. Every decision felt like if-statements I had to do in java class. Therefore my choice was bounded by two results; either I crawled out or sat and waited for help. Wind was hurrying the ice to seep into my clothes and I was yelling "help". Why me, why did I have to experience this obstacle alone.

how should i proceed??...

freed by sister pulling me up??
In the world I need others in my life because I cannot find a greater success and I cannot find different perspectives by only opening my eyes to the things I want to see.(to the things I feel like seeing) it is crucial leathers into our lives even if it takes away from your ego

orrr
freed from me climbing out??
There are many bumps in life that will try and take you down....
I know there are many bumps and there will be "soft snow" always trying to beat me down in life but I will crawl out and appreciate every inch of life.

(I am not inventing this story I just happen to have this happen to me twice hahaha yeah I would ski and do it all over again though, I love skiing)
amatsui19 2 / 10  
I think you should stick with you yourself climbing out. Personally, I think it goes with the essay more. Also try to tie in more information that addresses the questions of how this experience relate to the person you are today because it is a common mistake for applicants to disregard the importance of this part of the question. This is the main crucial part of the prompt since the admission office is trying to get to know you.

Home / Undergraduate / Ski experiance/story-UC Personal Statement;prompt for all apps