"Skill or craft" ; FSU - "Vires, Artes, Mores"

srqking 1 / 1  
Prompt:
For almost one hundred years, the Latin words, "Vires, Artes, Mores" have been the guiding philosophy behind Florida State University. Vires signifies strength of all kinds - moral, physical, and intellectual; Artes alludes to the beauty of intellectual pursuits as exemplified in skill, craft, or art; and Mores refers to character, custom, or tradition. Describe how one or more of the values embodied in these concepts are reflected in your life.

What does it mean to have a skill or craft ? Artes is beauty of intellectual pursuits as exemplified in a skill, craft, or art.For several base reasons Artes I identify with the most. Artes by my definition is reaching a new plateu through the addition of a new skill. Being the age of 18 and a high school senior I have reflected the value of Artes displayed before me and by me. High school has given me a taste of what it will be like to begin to

comprehend the "real world" and its daily challenges. Each segment of my student experience has added to my personal portfolio. starting with preschool I learned the rudimentary values of life. After many years came elementary and middle school challenging, yet important years of growth. Then in high school I began to experience intellectual insights on a new level. Each class that I took whether it was English or chemistry allowed my mind to extrapolate the various solutions of problems. When I entered high school my brain could have been categorized as left oriented. With each dilemma I faced an answer would appear, though not always logical. Now after taking various math based courses my mind shifted to the right and began to utilize a logical analytical way of thinking that previously I thought impractical. With time I used math to take my level of reasoning into new directions. In each problem I found a solution worth more than the effort used to obtain it. After this significant exchange I began to view more global aspects of life with a renewed sense of logic. Problems that used to bewilder me, began to line up like the pieces of an intricate puzzle. The complexity of each challenge allowed me to utilize my new array of skills and see the beauty of knowledge. "Knowledge is power" once meant to me absolute power. Now though I infer that knowledge is the pathway to all opportunities and ultimately success. With the completion of high school, I intend to take my knowledge of reason and thought to new heights. In college I plan to learn to see the other sides of a opinion as logical no matter how abstract. After taking various computer based classes my intended major became clearer than ever. The use of computers to manage businesses constitutes my major Management of Information systems. Programming, trouble shooting and research of computers has shown me the analytical side of everyday tasks. After taking computer based classes one can apply a variety of abstract yet effective approaches to daily tasks. After challenges, losses and wins my approach to life is to find the good in each situation through the application of previous experiences.
OP srqking 1 / 1  
sorry about the spaces they are not showing up in the preview under edit for some reason.

I mainly need help with organization and grammar on the essay please.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
For several base reasons it is Artes I identify with the most. Artes, by my definition, is reaching a new plateu through the addition of a new skill.

S tarting with preschool I learned the rudimentary values of life.

Problems that used to bewilder me (Remove comma) began to line up like the pieces of an intricate puzzle.

The use of computers to manage businesses constitutes my major, m anagement of i nformation systems. Programming, trouble shooting, and research of computers has shown me the analytical side of everyday tasks.

After challenges, losses and wins my approach to life is to find the good in each situation through the application of previous experiences." How do you find beauty in computers and the analytical side of everyday tasks?

Home / Undergraduate / "Skill or craft" ; FSU - "Vires, Artes, Mores"