Skinny bushy eyebrow girl ; Medical School acceptance essay

ygcantu0496 2 / 10 1  
Whoever said that "High School are the best years of your life" obviously didn't have bushy eyebrows until halfway through freshman year and was skinny as a twig, not to mention awkward as a turtle and more anti-social than Jay Gatsby to whereas he threw parties he didn't attend, I just didn't go to any parties, at all. So much for the best years of my life!

I was always told there were cliques for everyone, but skinny bushy eyebrow girl didn't seem to fit so well onto society until about senior year and distinctively to most students that wish to excel in the Medical Field; I didn't know what I wanted to major in until that same year. It wasn't until everyone in the universe started pressuring me into applying into colleges and getting me into deciding what I wanted to make out of myself that I concluded science is where my heart has always been at.

My fascination for the sciences of life, nature, the body and all that conveys to it embellished when I was only 12. I used to go outside in my patio and spend countless of hours collecting different types of insects and observing each and every one of them. I remember one morning as I was in the search for these miniature creatures that I spotted a defenseless new born bird. I approached it-- it was so colorless, featherless and ugly overall. It started crying as if demanding of my help, and looking so vulnerable on the ground and ready to be the food of a larger animal that I decided I could not leave the little bird alone. My compassion kicked in and I nurtured that baby as if it was my own for a good three years-she became my best friend. I think back to my act of heroism and realize that was the day I found my tenderness for life, not for oneself but of others and my urge to help not only animals, but humans as well.

My first years of College are not what I would ultimately call "better" than my High school years. Skinny bushy eyebrow girl was still battling to feel she "belonged." It wasn't until I started studying for my bachelors in biomedical science that I found some kind of confinement in the cells I was studying, because they were my cells, my object of study and the reason I was there in the first place. It didn't take too long until I started seeing how passionate my classmates were on the subject, too. Could it be? That there were more "nerds" as the stereotypical judgment would classify us under? Indeed, there were more of these underground creatures just like me, and from there ceased skinny bushy eyebrow girl and flourished into an environment where she belonged; where she was called Cindy.

Ever since I've been through three years and a half pre-med school, have acquired a bachelors in biomedical sciences, worked two years in clinical laboratory science, and graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor of science-and even after all those years of intensive capacitation, extent hours of work, sleep deprivation, and mount loads of homework, I haven't backed out, I still aspire working in the medical field, and if that hasn't scared me away-- what will? Being enrolled in a graduate school only inspires me and challenges me into a furthermore research of cardiology, studying idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and myocardial infarction to which leads me into an appreciation for a compassionate patient care path.
jenny1515 2 / 6  
My opinion is that you should put away your disapprovement about your high school life because it is not relevant to your topic :)
Dreqc 2 / 7 1  
please can u post the question ? regarding your essay it would make feed back response quick and focused

"didn't have bushy eyebrows" this is informal try to formal

"I wanted to make out of myself " means what?

" My compassion kicked in" instead use i was over-whelmed with emotions for the helpless and injured even though it an animal

". I think back to my act of heroism and realize that was the day I found my tenderness for life, not for oneself but of others and my urge to help not only animals, but humans as well." instead use "discovered my selfless persona - a passion filled with servitude for welfare of humanity "

Home / Undergraduate / Skinny bushy eyebrow girl ; Medical School acceptance essay