"I slowly transcend to my nirvana" - activities, Common App Short answer

kevin1393 2 / 3  
Not entirely sure if its good, im starting to lose it

Promt
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (150 words or fewer, 1000 character maximum).

Response
As I sit in the sweltering heat of the practice room I just think, it'll all be worth it soon. I take a deep breath and resume practicing my sonata. I've been playing bass clarinet for five years now and never regretted any second of it; it has taught me that if you care enough, you are bound to succeed. I close my eyes and momentarily become part of the music. I am consumed by the tranquilizing legatos, the lighthearted staccatos and the heartfelt inflections. The troubles of the world are briefly swallowed up as I slowly transcend to my nirvana. I stop playing and am instantly transported back to my boiling practice room. I look down and see the key to happiness I right before my eyes, in the form of my bass clarinet. The only time I am truly free is when I am one with my music.
ac2011 3 / 10  
Again, a very nice and descriptive essay, I don't see the need to worry but if you must, add more to your details of your connection to the instrument, good luck! (your the first essay I have looked over with no grammar problems Oo

Home / Undergraduate / "I slowly transcend to my nirvana" - activities, Common App Short answer