What is a small goal I hope to accomplish in the near or far future? Sleep.

johnta123 3 / 3 1  
Tell us about a small goal you hope to achieve, whether in the next 10 days, 10 months, or 10 years. (250 Words)

Any advice would help!

Do I get enough sleep? No, but sometimes when I sneeze my eyes close. Sleep and I got along well when I was younger, but I cheated on it with school, friends, and the internet; now I hold a harmful relationship with another, one who leaves me staring at my colorless walls- restlessness.

It wasn't always like this. As a child, I could count sheep, fall asleep, and wake up in 8 hours. Now I count test dates, cry myself to sleep, and wake up in 5 hours.

I pondered on many things before I slept. Ironically, I found peace in doing so. I called my bed the "Think Box." Here I played scenes in my head, made plans for the next day, asked myself a lot of questions- does Emily from recess like me? I debated the laws of physics. I probably found the meaning to life somewhere in my endless thoughts but was probably too tired to write it down.

These days I stay awake on a new bed: stressed about the test the next day, worried about how I'm going to complete a project, anxious about asking Emily to prom. I don't tear up when I yawn because of a natural reflex, but because I miss the days when I slept without fear or worry of tomorrow- the days when my mind could be at peace.

One night, I hope to return to this state of tranquility- and with it, get a good night's rest.
Shawn, there are some parts of your essay that can better stated in order to create a more interesting discussion. Don't get me wrong, this essay is good. The topic is interesting, the presentation is humorous. It calls out to the reader to keep reading on. So you have accomplished the most important task of this writing test. However, properly presenting your thoughts, to reveal a more intellectual side of you is just as important. So I would like to offer some advice as to how to further improve your work. Suggestions such as :

Do I get enough sleep? No, but sometimes when I sneeze my eyes close . I DON'T GET ENOUGH SLEEP. Sleep and I... I hold HAVE a harmful relationship with SLEEP , one who THAT leaves me staring ... walls- restlessness .

( NO CHANGES)

I ponderedon ABOUT many things before I slept SLEEP. ...next day, AND asked myself a lot of questions LIKE - "d Does Emily from recess like me?". ... tired to REMEMBER OR write it down.

These days I stay awake on a new bed: , stressed STRESSING about the test the next ..
... worry of ABOUT tomorrow- the days when my mind could be at peace.

...state of tranquility- OF MAKING FRIENDS WITH SLEEP AGAIN and with it...

These changes should clean up the essay in terms of grammar and create a more fluid presentation for the reader.

Home / Undergraduate / What is a small goal I hope to accomplish in the near or far future? Sleep.