Small size/ Community/ Learning Opportunities/Safety/ Movies; Why Denison?

katev 18 / 120 24  
Write 1-2 paragraphs briefly describing your reasons for applying to Denison. 1000 characters
This is a work in progress. As I try to trim this down by about 1,000 characters, does anyone have any suggestions? These are just the main points I want to include, so it might be repetitive.

I love the positive, chummy, unique, and intimate community that comes from Denison's small size. Denison offers its students a sense of belonging and acceptance. The close academic community really feels like family. The academics that are available to students are unprecedented because of Denison's size. The small classes mean that students can forge close relationships with their professors. Lecture halls that seat 30 people, shows that you can know your teachers. When you can connect with your professors and they understand where you're coming from, they can relate to you and you can learn better.

When you can invite a professor to a play or a concert or they offer to host your class at their own home, you know that your professors really care to know you. When you can connect with someone who offers such an exceptionally wonderful education with such great academic opportunities, you know that that is a great college.

The learning opportunities that are available because everyone lives on campus is another great feature. Students choose to spend their time on campus, from hanging out in the commons to roaming the extremely safe campus, students love Denison. It's a unique academic experience to be able to learn from your peers at all times.

With its extremely safe campus, 24-hour access to computers, and fantastic resources like the Mitchell Center, clearly Denison loves its students as seen its great resources. Outside of the wonderful campus of Denison lies the beautiful and quant city of Granville. With the huge cultural hub of Columbus just 25 minutes away and the fantastic city of Granville lying outside Denison, Denison is the perfect combination.

It is also clear to me that Denison is concerned with more than just great academics. From the plays available at Ace Morgan Theater to the movies that the film society brings to concerts presented in Slayter Union, Denison brings countless opportunities to the campus. An extremely safe campus, with 24-hour access to computers and resources like the Mitchell Center, Denison really provides for its students. From the Denison Internship Program to the plethora of leadership opportunities such as LeaderShape, the opportunities to gain experience for real life while still at Denison are outstanding.
OP katev 18 / 120 24  
These are also some other points that I'd like to include froom their mission statement:
* Interactive, highly interdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning
* a commitment to a learning community
* I would have the chance to learn from top scholars with some of the best training in the world, & from fellow students who bring to the college a diverse set of life experiences. dynamic learning environment
Try and avoid repetition of ideas. Also you can combine a few ideas into one. For example, size+ family feeling+ relationships etc. For example;
I am attracted by Denison's small size which creates opportunities for close interactions with both professors and students making its community a close knitted family.

You can add a few more ideas here, but make sure your ideas are organized in a manner that they do not get repeated.

Home / Undergraduate / Small size/ Community/ Learning Opportunities/Safety/ Movies; Why Denison?