Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Why NU essay! ("a small town in Taiwan")

asianxtreme 2 / 1  
Born and raised in a small town in Taiwan and currently attending a boarding school with only two hundred students in rural Utah, I have always wanted to live in a metropolitan city. The city of Chicago is a great city for college in the United States; it has great weather and, more importantly, is immersed in a great culture. It has an air of history that few places in the United States possess. During my summer college tour, I came across many prospective colleges, but Northwestern University stood out to me instantly. My attention was initially drawn by the close knit and intimate campus setting; I immediately felt at home. I knew right away that NU would be one of my top choices for an undergraduate education.

When I looked past the great location and settings of Northwestern, I delved into its many programs. I plan to concentrate my undergraduate work in the field of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences but still be able to explore my interest in Law. I would be particularly interested to take some of Professor Chang Liu's lectures and seminars since his research of nanofabrication and advanced semi-conductors (the main industry in my home country) will play a big role in shaping tomorrow's the market of cutting-edge technology. Ultimately I want to pursue a career in Intellectual Property Law and consequently I am attracted to Northwestern's Pre-Law Program and its well-known Law School. Also noted is Professor Allen Taflove and his work in computational Electrodynamics; I am especially impressed by his 15 U.S. Patents. My conclusion, therefore, is that since both the engineering and pre-law programs at NU are remarkable and renowned and that I am interested in both of those fields, NU clearly has everything I want.

Home / Undergraduate / Why NU essay! ("a small town in Taiwan")