Soccer is my life/ Common App/ Extracurricular activities

Andross5 2 / 2  
Short answer: Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences
Of all sports, soccer fascinates me, both for its excitement in terms of speed, strength, strategy and stamina and because of the teamwork it demands. I joined the school soccer team during my sophomore year. At that time the team was filled with sophomores and juniors and was doubted of becoming successful. However, in despite of many ups and downs, in 2011 we won the Conference title but lost to cross-town rivals in the Sectionals finals. Unsatisfied with the results, my fellow players and I worked hard throughout the winter and the summer, either individually or in workouts planned by our coaches. Through many hours of practice, the results finally came! This year we began defeating teams that would dominate us in the past; we played so well that we reached the State Championship game for the first time for any athletic team in Urbana High School history. Although we lost to the great team, I learned that there is really nothing that cannot be done with passion, determination, and hard work.

Any feedback it's greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ding377 1 / 29 2  
Sounds great overall. I really enjoyed your essay!
Would you mind reviewing mine? Good luck with the rest of your apps!

Home / Undergraduate / Soccer is my life/ Common App/ Extracurricular activities