Social anxiety and inspiration- Circumstance, obstacle or conflict in life

abrahamcerv 1 / -  
Describe a circumstance, obstacle or conflict in your life, and the skills and resources you used to resolve it. Did it change you? If so, how?

I feel inspired
College didn't remotely seem like an option I could have with grades like mine. The most straightforward way to describe myself my first half through high school is gawky and klutzy. At no time felt comfortable in my own skin. Every day stress on how I think I may seem to others. But the most incomparable turning point in my life is when I chose to pull myself up and renounced acting like a victim.

Dealing with insecurity and social anxiety growing up was the most difficult things I've dealt with personally. If I could help even one other person blossom into their true selves, I think I may have paid back the investment made in me.

In the past few years, I'd like to think I've made a full transition inside and out. In the beginning I may have progressed at a crawl but I am currently at a full sprint towards my future.

In complete honesty, all my insecurity was self-inflicted but holding myself down for so long has made me so grateful for everything I used to think was impossibility to become reality. Instead of putting decent effort, I feel inspired, I want to flourish, I want to do my best.

I'm not completed with the essay but how does what I have so far sound? Thanks for any advice!
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
At no time felt comfortable in my own skin.

missing a subject has been detected here.

Every day stress on how I think I may seem to others

and

all my insecurity was self-inflicted but holding myself down for so long has made me so grateful for everything I used to think was impossibility to become reality.

These sentences are not too clear enough to describe what to say.

In the beginning (a comma) I may have progressed at a crawl (a comma) but I am currently at a full sprint towards my future.
SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
The most straightforward way to describe myself my first half through high school is gawky and klutzy .

these sounds slang
College didn't remotely seem like an option I could have with grades like mine.

You have a tendency to express ideas in the most complicated manner :D I wish you present these simple ideas in a more comprehensible way. :)

But the most incomparable turning point in my life is when I chose to pull myself up and renounced acting like a victim.

This is a good sentence :)

Dealing with insecurity and social anxiety growing up was the most difficult things I've dealt with personally.

Tell this more direct;
Dealing with feeling insecure and social anxiety were the most difficult challenges I faced while growing up.
13williamsm 4 / 8  
You didn't talk about the resources and skills you used up overcome your anxiety you just went straight into the results. But how did you get there? Doctors? Changing your outlook on life? What specific event made you realize you needed to stop being a victim?

Home / Undergraduate / Social anxiety and inspiration- Circumstance, obstacle or conflict in life