'social science has greatly influenced me' - on economics for the nus

rohan nagpal 1 / -  
Inspite of not having economics as a subject in school, this social science has greatly influenced me.I first realized the importance of this subject after the global recession which hit most of the countries including mine.During this period of economic instability our general economy was hit by various problems of food inflation,job terminations and poverty.After analyzing It became clearly evident that the primary reason for this situation was the lack of resources.People in todays world are constantly striving for a better lifestyle and in this race ,they end up utilizing more resources than required.

The poverty all around had a heart rendering impact on me.This gave me the motivation to study this subject in a greater depth .I was greatly inspired by various economists like amartya sen and our Prime Minister Dr Manmohan singh .These people became my ideals ,as they had a common vision of a better world to live.I even feel that this matter can bring together all the nations of the world . It will lead to greater co-operation and harmony which will benefit the common man.

A personal experience which greatly inspired me was my trekking trip to Darjeeling.I had gone with an organization to this hill station and we had to face harsh conditions.There was a limited supply of all amenities and we had to survive with these bare minimum sources. It was then that I realized that one should learn to use the resources in a sustained manner .This trip greatly influenced mesas it gave me a practical example of our current situation all around the world. Sources are fast depleting and people are not being able to adjust with the changing circumstances. Economics provides various methods/processes of survival in these changing times. With respect to all these situations , I have developed a great interest for this subject and would like to pursue it in reputed university like NUS.

i have to submit this essay in 2 days,would be really thankful if you could rectify my errors asap ! thank you ! :)
In spite ---This is 2 words.--- of not having economics as a subject in school, this social science has greatly influenced me.---Don't forget to leave a space between your sentences!

I first realized the importance of this subject after the global recession which hit most of the countries, including mine.

During this period of economic instability our general economy was hit by various problems of food inflation, job ---Also, leave a space after each punctuation mark.--- terminations and poverty. A fter analyzing It became clearly evident that the primary reason for this situation was the lack of resources.

People in today's world are constantly striving for a better lifestyle and in this race, they end up utilizing more resources than required.

This gave me the motivation to study this subject in a greater depth.

I was greatly inspired by various economists like A martya S en and our Prime Minister Dr Manmohan singh .---Put all punctuation right up against the end of the word.

This trip greatly influenced me, as it gave me a practical example of our current situation all around the world.

Resources are fast depleting and people are not being able to adjust to the changing circumstances.

Good luck with school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'social science has greatly influenced me' - on economics for the nus