Sociology and human aspects - University of Oregon essay

Bossbitch 1 / -  
The prompt for university of Oregon is to write about something not in your application such as future ambitions...the things that I am worried about is my essay sounding to research paper style, I don't talk about myself enough, use to many intelligent sounding vocab words that I sound like Im trying to hard, and that the sentences and paragraphs don't flow well enough. My future ambitions are to study sociology. I'm not too worried about punctuation I'll go over that with a teacher. Thank you!

The human person is a complex and individualistic being. He functions alone yet craves affiliation. He is defined single-handedly as well as interpreted through his association with others. He is the most intricate character on the planet and his bond between fellow individuals is the biggest part of the mystery. The nature of a human being is often perplexing as is the community in which he exists.

Like others, the society in which I live in casts a shadow on my everyday actions. The societal norms and standards set the boundaries for what conduct is and is not socially acceptable. Our community governs the way we think and act forcing us to create a facade of our ideal self. The way we act around others cultivates through the nature of our origins, and relies heavily on our demographic features. Living in an affluent society has set the bar for social demeanor, people must act a certain way, speak in a certain tone, and achieve certain goals. Alongside peer pressure comes parental expectations to be and achieve the best possible. The social ranking of each community corresponds with the nature of its setting, allowing for different objectives for different societies.

Sociology focuses on understanding the social and cultural aspects of human behavior as well as deducing how our lives are influenced by the social relationships around us. At the personal level it investigates the social causes and consequences of things such as love, identity, conflict, and behavior. Research in the field of sociology delivers powerful insights into the social processes shaping human lives and the social prospects in the contemporary world.

Any human who interacts with others has been immersed to the varying social circumstances. Exposure to different cultures and societies has provided me a glimpse of the diversity among social classes. Ideally, individuals should live in harmony and order among one another. However, the reality of the situation divides individuals by statistical factors, isolating those that stray from the norm. Those whose personalities stand out face the difficulty of not being accepted by their community. Insight into the field of sociology will provide basis for the actions of the individual as well as the community collectively.

Nothing is as it seems, sociology requires you to see the bigger picture and tear away from the emotions and false notions of everyday life. It is my aspiration to better understand the human being and the reasons behind their judgment. Through my exposure to the community, I have come to learn more about myself, others, and the settings in which I exist. Once we better understand ourselves, we can try and apply what we know to fix society's ills. Sociology has provided me insight and forced me to think critically about the things I say and do, it has been my greatest interest and for this reason I wish to apply to your university to pursue my passion. With my enriched education I hope to one day contribute to the good of our society.
- The human personbeing is a complex and individualistic beingprofile .
- ...and his bond betweenamongst fellow individuals...
- The nature of a human being is often perplexing as is the community in which he exists.

- The societalsocial norms and standards set the boundaries..
- Insights into the field of...

- Nothing is as it seemsNonetheless , sociology requires...
- Once we better understand ourselves,
- WithArmed with my enriched education...
- ...I hope to one day contribute to the good of our society.

There you go, I believe your essay is written well, I hope you make it to the scholarship.

Home / Undergraduate / Sociology and human aspects - University of Oregon essay