something you like,program that appeals to you and attribute of your personality(MIT)

cate1992ch 1 / -  
We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which are required of you. Tell us about something you do for the pleasure of it.

The thing I like to do the most is to play drums, specifically jazz. I enjoy sitting down with my drums, having conversations with myself through music, improvising rhythmical phrases that touch my soul. I love to play with other musicians, especially when I can connect to what the other musicians are saying with their instruments. When I am listening to a song and the drummer plays something I like I am able to connect to the song's meaning. I consider myself lucky for having discovered drums and jazz. I love expressing myself through music, which I consider another language.

Although you may not yet know what you want to major in, which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why?
The school that appeals to me the most is the Sloan School of Management. I consider that this program will give me all abilities and knowledge I need to accomplish my goals of becoming a great business woman. This program will allow me to make my dreams a reality by learning how to make the economy fairer to all, how to fight for a greener planet, and how to help people to have a better life. Besides, this program will grant me flexibility to work in different fields and have a broader vision of the world.

What attribute of your personality are you most proud of, and how has it impacted your life so far? This could be your creativity, effective leadership, sense of humor, integrity, or anything else you'd like to tell us about.

The attribute of my personality I am most proud of is my curiosity.
Asking questions is something that gives sense to my life. I love to understand why things happen and how they happen. I am always asking questions about anything that catches my attention, and I think and research in order to answer those questions. In school, I like to go pass what is taught to me and go beyond the class material to obtain a complete understanding of the subject.

Curiosity is what drives me to try new experiences. Whenever I am unsure about doing something I want, my curiosity helps me overcome that insecurity. I went to a musical improvisation session once. Although I wanted to play, I was very nervous about going up to the stage. Fortunately, my curiosity pushed me to go and play the drums the best I could. At the end, I left the stage with a smile on my face hearing the applause, and the certainty that I had done the right thing in my heart.

Curiosity has been the main force that has driven me to apply to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology because I am curious about what is outside Chile. It is pushing me to take a risk, live in a country where I will be speaking my second language, and moving to a place where I will not know anyone. However, I am thrilled to take this chance, shape my life, and discover where this opportunity takes me.
I love to play with other musicians, especially when I can connect with what the other musicians are saying with their instruments.

When I am listening to a song and the drummer plays something I like, I am able to connect to the song's meaning.

I love expressing myself through music, which I consider another language. ---This is awesome, so true, it IS like another language.

--------------------------------------------

I consider this program the one that will give me all the abilities and knowledge I need to accomplish my goals of becoming a great business woman.

_______________________________

I am always asking questions about anything that catches my attention, and I think and research, in order to answer those questions. In school, I like to go past what is taught to me and to go beyond the class material to obtain a complete understanding of the subject.

Whenever I am unsure about doing something I want , my curiosity helps me overcome that insecurity.

At the end, I left the stage with a smile on my face from hearing the applause, and the certainty in my heart that I had done the right thing. ---I rearranged this sentence a little.

However, I am thrilled to take this chance, shape my life, and discover where this opportunity will take me.

I was very surprised to read that English is your second language!

Home / Undergraduate / something you like,program that appeals to you and attribute of your personality(MIT)